Responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company's standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
- Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up onany issues and complaints they may have.
- Proactively runs shifts and anticipates Guest needs.
- Ensures that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
- Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of department staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
- Use the recruiting process to interview hourly Team Members, ensuring Team Members hired are fit with the brand
- Staff, train and develop their department's hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans toaddress opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
- Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets,including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
- Prepare end of shift reports.
- Directly supervise Team Members, coaching, correcting behaviors as needed, and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
- When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant's operations and conduct root cause analysis as needed to guarantee operational efficiency and an excellent Guest experience.
- Ensure great food is served to every Guest through managing all Team Members.
- Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Fosters open communication with BOH and FOH staff
- Customer service issues
- Guest relations issues
- Employee relations decisions with General Managers or Human Resources input as needed
- Vendor related issues
- Team Member hiring
- Team Member terminations
- Sales and service objective strategies
- Recruiting strategies
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Guest satisfaction scores meet/exceed company standards
- Annual sales dollars achieved compared to budget
- Meeting/Exceeding requirements for Food Safety Audit scores for the year
- Grow sales to meet or exceed annual sales budget
- Team Member turnover meets company requirements
- Meeting Labor Budget
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant
- Must be capable of performing all functions and meeting qualification standards for all hourly positions
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Frequent bending and stooping required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
ASSESSING AND SELECTING TALENT:Effectively identifies and evaluates the talent within the restaurant in order to select individuals that exhibit pride, passion and personality and to build top-performing teams.
- Helps identify strong team member candidates and "sells" the brand in order to get the best talent on board.
- Utilizes selection tools and processes as guidelines to effectively assess and hire the right people for the team.
- Supports selection decisions by identifying high potential within the team in order to maximize internal promotes.
- Identifies great talent based on diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities as well as common passion for the business.
- Understands where individual talent can be best utilized; matches the right people with the right job.
- Knows who top performers are and takes the necessary steps to engage and retain them.
- Ensures that new employees are equipped with the proper training and resources necessary to experience success.
COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE: Spends time guiding, teaching and providing clear and directed feedback to your team to help them grow and succeed.
- Provides ongoing guidance and direction to help Team Members reach their full potential.
- Gives honest feedback that is specific, timely and action-oriented.
- Promptly recognizes and encourages effective performance.
- Helps to develop and execute plans for each Team Member that maximize strengths and improve weak areas.
- Ensures team members are given challenging assignments to help them learn new skills that can prepare them for the next level.
- Takes a hands-on approach to developing others by providing clear examples of desired behaviors to ensure understanding.
LEADS AND INSPIRES OTHERS: Sets the example for the team; effectively influences and motivates them to reach goals.
- Acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
- Demonstrates genuineness, openness, and approachability and consistently treats all Team Members and Guests with dignity and respect.
- Effectively manages stress level during difficult situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and adjust leadership style to fit others' needs.
- Rallies and harnesses the energy of the restaurant by being present, upbeat and engaged.
- Frequently and genuinely acknowledges and rewards strong performance.
- Treats all employees in a fair and consistent manner.
- Keeps everyone on the same page through frequent information sharing and open dialogue
- Encourages open, honest and timely communication among Team Members.
- Fosters frequent dialogue between the FOH and BOH staff.
- Demonstrates effective listening by being available to Team Members and responding to needs and concerns.
- Communicates the "why" behind important goals and initiatives to gain buy-in.
- Respects the opinions of others; listens to comments and concerns with an open mind.
- Holds frequent meetings where information is shared freely by staff.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to engage in one-on-one communication.
MANAGING EXECUTION: Enforces performance standards and follows up relentlessly to ensure accountability for top quality results.
- Ensures 100% compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Enforces high standards and always looks to raise the bar.
- Follows up regularly to ensure proper execution and offers support and/or redirection.
- Holds Team Members accountable to meet obligations.
- Confronts sub-par performance directly and holds people accountable for making improvements.
- Makes tough but necessary decisions in regards to discipline.
- Sets clear expectations and goals and holds others accountable for achieving them.
- Identifies and corrects mistakes immediately to provide hands on learning experiences.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST: Ensures that every action and decision leads to an exceptional Guest experience.
- Maintains visibility within the restaurant; models exemplary hospitality by engaging regularly with the Guests and interacting in a positive, sincere manner.
- Encourages Team Members to focus efforts and attention on going above and beyond to exceed Guest expectations and create repeat visits.
- Effectively balances Guest needs with business needs.
- Utilizes Guest feedback to improve the Guest experience.
- Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
- Follows up to ensure that Guest issues and complaints are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Shows attention to food quality/appearance, ticket times, and the fine details that define the overall Guest experience.
DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Thinks problems through, acts with urgency and always keeps the best interests of the brand at heart when making decisions.
- Able to digest information quickly, boil it down, and identify relevant issues.
- Finds root causes in order to develop workable solutions to problems.
- Draws important connections and considers both short and long-term implications of decisions.
- Right or wrong shows the willingness to make the call and accepts responsibility for decisions and results.
- Evaluates various solutions to problems before taking action.
- Acts quickly and decisively when needed based on the need and urgency of situation.
FLEXIBLY ADAPTS AND MANAGES CHANGE: Keeps up with shifting business needs and embraces change in order to drive results and grow the brand.
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
- Understands new initiatives and speaks knowledgeably of changes to both FOH and BOH staff.
- Helps ensure that changes are fully integrated into operations and sustained over time.
- Effectively manages daily priorities while keeping track of long-term initiatives.
- Perseveres through resistance to change with positive influence and firm accountability.
MANAGING FINANCIAL RESULTS: Demonstrates an understanding of the financial components of the restaurant operation and how to impact results.
- Helps analyze financial profit and loss results, Guest satisfaction measures, and other key performance data.
- Uses appropriate tools and resources to monitor location's performance and understands factors that affect success and growth.
- Supports the DO and GMs initiatives to grow business
- Ensures consistent quality and execution of food and service in order to help drive the brand and increase sales.
- Makes financial needs an important consideration in plans and decisions.