Founded in June 2007 and based in Denver, Colorado’s Cherry Creek neighborhood, the first Smashburger opened with one simple notion in mind: to serve a better burger and, in the process, helped create a new category. The brand smashed convention to deliver an all-in better burger experience focused on fresh, quality ingredients, a cool, hip environment, and exceptional service conducive to a busy modern lifestyle.
About JFC, our Parent Company
In October 2015, Smashburger Master LLC, agreed to sell a significant stake to Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC). Jollibee is the largest restaurant company in the Philippines, operating more than 3,000 restaurants, including Burger King Philippines, Red Ribbon, ChowKing, Greenwich Pizza, and with 30% of its restaurants outside the Philippines. Today, Jollibee is the 100% owner of Smashburger and seeks to solidify the brand in the U.S. before its next chapter of growth in the U.S. and abroad, which includes organic growth, unit expansion and new acquisitions. In July 2019, Jollibee announced the acquisition of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf moving further towards their vision of becoming one of the “Top Five” restaurant companies in the world. Jollibee is characterized by a culture of trust, humility, collaboration, decisiveness and executional excellence.
What We Offer:
-Highly competitive wages
-401k, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
-Pre-Tax Savings Accounts
Smashburger has new locations opening up across the U.S. in 2019! We have a huge focus on internal promotions, so any position you start in will give you the opportunity to get to the next level. Apply today to join our growing company!
- Hire, train, develop and coach hourly team members
- Facilitate ongoing training and development of the team to build a bench for future managers
- Foster Smashburger culture keep it strong and personified by the team
- Maintain timely and accurate schedules that ensures appropriate staffing levels to deliver the Gold Standard guest experience
- Ensure every guest has a memorable experience
- Deliver high quality, attractive food made according to Smashburger Gold Standards
- Monitor and controls daily food cost
- Follow proper sanitation and cleanliness standards in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Smashburger standards
- Review and analyze financial data weekly to initiate the necessary actions to increase sales and profits
- Responsible for driving local store marketing, fundraising efforts and overall community involvement
- Places order in a timely manner to ensure an adequate level of product and supplies
- Follow all cash handling procedures to minimize all cash shortages and ensure that daily bank deposits are completed.
- Foster a safe work environment by following safety guidelines
- Follow all Smashburger standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain proper employee records and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
- Ideal candidates will have at least 1 year of experience as a General Manager within the restaurant and/or hospitality industry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Proven ability to hire, train and develop team members
- Proven ability to drive sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory, food safety, and sanitation requirements
- Ability to successfully complete Smashburger’s Management training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Comply with E-Verify standards
While performing the duties of this position, a manager may regularly be required to: work 50 hours a week, work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment, work around hot equipment (grill, fryer) and occasionally be exposed to cold temperatures (walk in freezer/refrigerator). This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.