|Title||Restaurant General Manager|
|Description||The Restaurant General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing leadership to the Managers and Team Members in the restaurant. He/she upholds the Romano’s Macaroni Grill standards for food and beverage quality, Team Member engagement, financial achievement, Standard Operating Procedures and the Guest experience.|
|Requirements||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
• Coaches and directs the Managers and Team Members towards the achievement of Romano’s Macaroni Grill standards.
• Communicates information with clarity and detail.
• Responsible for the people planning needs, including selection of quality Team Members.
• Administers Team Member and Management training programs and provides direction towards the achievement of their personal and professional goals.
• Assigns and defines areas of responsibility for the restaurant Managers.
• Directs the Management Team and Team Members towards the achievement of the restaurant’s financial goals.
• Promotes a culture of pride, cooperation and success in the restaurant.
• Thorough understanding of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in every aspect of the restaurant.
• Responsible for establishing and reporting goals to the Director of Operations on a regular basis. This includes: daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in Management meetings, Guest comments, restaurant staffing and labor, Manager and Manager in Training performance and financial results.
• Creates and Manages all scheduling.
• Coaches and develops direct and indirect reports to achieve business goals.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed.
• Provides ongoing feedback to team members on performance and development.
• Verifies the Team Member training program and its effectiveness.
• Conducts New Team Member Orientations.
• Provides a safe working environment for Managers and Team Members using the Safety Program.
• Accountable for the financial performance of the restaurant.
• Responsible for inventory control for all P&L cost centers.
• Ensures weekly inventories and reconciles findings.
• Implements planning that results in improved financial (sales and cost centers) performance in all areas of the operation. Follows up on all financial action plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Bilingual a plus*
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
• Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
• Strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an remarkable dining experience for each Guest.
• Integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
• Ability to perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
• Must be dependable, reliable, and self-motivated.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Minimum of 3 years full-service Restaurant Management experience
• Must receive MIT training certification.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
• Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
• Stand for long periods of time, 11-12 hour shifts
• Walk or run.
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent communication skills
• Often work indoors but may occasionally work outdoors.
• Often work nights and weekends.
• High level of social interaction.
• Often work unpredictable hours.
• Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values and our team.
All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with Romano's Macaroni Grill® will receive consideration for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of non-job related medical conditions, or any other basis prohibited by applicable laws.