Job Title: Restaurant General Manager
Reports To: Area Coach or Area Director
Position Type: Salaried - Exempt
The Restaurant General Manager has the responsibility of directing the daily operations of a restaurant that relate to Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Profitability of the restaurant to which they are assigned. This includes meeting or exceeding the standards set forth by KBP Bells, as well as food and brand standards established for franchisees by the brands. Restaurant General Managers are responsible for delivering the highest quality products and services to our guests each and every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grows sales by ensuring great operations.
- Works with each Co-Manager and Shift Manager in their restaurant to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDAR; utilizes available reports to identify opportunities; ensures that correct operational procedures are always followed.
- Controls profitability by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining proper inventory levels, managing labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
- Ensures correct daily deposits are delivered to the bank prior to store opening every day.
- Effectively and efficiently leads a restaurant team within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction through exceptional Quality, Service and Cleanliness.
- Utilizes weekly and period goals to improve measurable results.
- Holds team accountable for serving hot and fresh food to every guest.
- Executes the 5 Initiatives and demonstrates through their actions the required processes that lead to passing Brand Standards and Food Safety audits.
- Represents themselves as Brand Ambassadors for current and potential employees of KBP Bells.
- Utilizes communication tools to effectively inform and engage team.
- Utilizes selection tools effectively to ensure proper staffing in their restaurant through hiring platform and bench planning process.
- Aggressively identifies, empowers and trains Shift Managers and Team Members and is responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels to meet the sales needs of the business.
- Ensures each new employee receives a thorough orientation.
- Ensures accuracy of employee information and maintains confidential information in a secure location to maintain privacy.
- Adheres to stated staffing model and management complement.
- Accountable for coaching and training Shift Managers and Team Members for operational excellence, utilizing the proper training programs. Monitors training processes to ensure quality training of all employees.
- Ensures entire team has completed required job specific training per company standards.
- Understands and upholds all anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws. Upholds zero-tolerance for harassment and discrimination by addressing issues, assisting with investigations and taking statements under the guidance of HR.
- Conducts, with the assistance of Area Coaches and HR as appropriate, all restaurant-level Employee Relations (ER) activities; provides needed ER assistance to all members of the restaurant team. Proactively addresses ER needs in the restaurant.
- Understands and upholds federal, state and local labor laws.
- Provides a safe work environment by ensuring all OSHA, local health, fire, operational, human resource and safety compliance standards are met.
- Demonstrates teamwork and shares Best Demonstrated Practices.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Teamwork, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and time management skills.
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision- making skills.
- Functional understanding of business software and tools including: Excel, Outlook, HR, Payroll, POS and, Reporting.
- Proven ability to simultaneously drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction.
Restaurant General Manager Expectations:
- Restaurant General Manager duties require a work schedule of approximately 55 hours per week.
- Must hold ServSafe Certification.
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Work a flexible schedule per the KBP Scheduling Policy.
- Ensure every Peak period that a MOD (Co-Manager or Shift Manager) is available.
- Responsible for completing inventory counts.
- Ensure that the restaurant is kept clean and the team is providing an exceptional visit for our guests with friendliness and product quality.
- Correct any deficiencies from KBP’s standards within the restaurant.
- Accountable for the restaurant’s financial performance and success.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school, GED, college or university degree preferred.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
KBP Bells is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.