The Manager is responsible for working closely with the General Manager of his/her assigned restaurant to inspire their team and for ensuring all health, safety, recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained throughout the assigned restaurant. Utilizes the sales and marketing plan as the basis for setting customer service goals to improve sales through increased customer traffic. Supports the General Manager with regard to recruitment, development, training, and retention of quality Team Members and Team Leaders. Demonstrates a willingness to listen to Team Members and Team Leaders and address problems. Ensures a clean, safe, and energy-efficient operation during each shift. Ensures the store is always, in the customer's eye, "ready for business."
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, leading teams by example.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with Team Members through recruiting, training, performance evaluation, coaching, discipline, encouragement, and proper scheduling while keeping the General Manager informed of progress.
- Greet customers, solicit feedback regarding product and service quality, and utilize feedback to initiate immediate improvements in the shift.
- Utilize the sales and marketing plan as a basis for setting customer service goals, and ensure that the sales plan is in line with Period and Quarterly projections.
- Track and audit sales, food, labor, cash and expense items each day. Post invoices as incurred, and review weekly/monthly in-store operating statement.
- Ensure accurate inventories are conducted regularly, and maintain efficient ordering.
- Investigate and ensure accurate, timely reporting of all safety incidents.
- Ensure Team Members and Team Leaders follow accurate cash handling and security procedures.
- Complete all required paperwork, adhering to timelines and proper procedures.
- Communicate all complaints involving Whataburger policy violations to upper management.
- Maintain strong communication with General Manager and staff to ensure operations run smoothly and all concerns are addressed appropriately.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the Manager will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certifications associated with the position.
Experience: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate level of ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Knowledge: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively.)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of back of house systems, point of sale systems, restaurant operating systems, and the Internet.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of the organization and its functions.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of working practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Basic ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others.
- Basic understanding of performance review process.
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and managers with ample notice and preparation.
Education: (Minimum formal education the job requires.)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job effectively.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push.
- Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts, etc.)
- Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs.
- Must be available for all shifts based on operational needs of the restaurant.
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule with a minimum of 40 hours per work week.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Working conditions exist to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
- Driving is an essential job responsibility. Possession of current and valid driver’s license required, liability insurance, acceptable driving record, and a satisfactory background check required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the restaurant industry.
- Previous experience in a restaurant leadership position.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)