- Bellingham, WA, USA
- Full Time
medical, dental, vision, bonus
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the overall operations of a Jack in the Box unit. Uses discretion in daily management decisions with accountability for ensuring effective execution of the Brand Standards. Develops team to provide excellent internal service, external service, and build restaurant sales and profit while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Recruits, selects, trains, develops, and evaluates restaurant employees.
- Monitors staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and talent; ensures systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by management and crew; identifies and develops internal candidates for Management and Team Leader positions.
- Understands and utilizes JIB systems, processes, and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance.
- Provides an exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring proper training and holding restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with JIB systems, procedures, and food safety requirements.
- Ensures management team and crew understands and operates all systems correctly.
- Maintains the brand image of restaurant cleanliness, maintenance, and excellent service.
- Serves as a role model for excellent guest service.
Sales & Profits:
- Utilizes management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance.
Fostering the Culture:
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and pride in Jack in the Box; demonstrates high ethical standards; treats employees and guests with respect; and actively listens and communicates timely, clearly, and accurately with management team and crew.
- Remains calm when challenged or placed under pressure; calms others who are confronted with a difficult situation or task; and effectively manages conflict.
- Serves as a strong role model who motivates and inspires employees; effectively trains, coaches, and provides time for employees to learn; identifies employees' potential and fosters development for promotion to the next level; Values effective job performance and understands the importance of and provides employees with quality and timely performance feedback and reviews.
- Is passionate about providing a high-quality guest experience that is evident to our guests.
- Demonstrates guest service techniques and ability to manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a strong awareness and concern for food quality and safety, and restaurant cleanliness; Demonstrated ability to utilize systems and perform duties within established structure.
- Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and change; understands the importance of change and implements, manages, and supports change initiatives; maintains a strong sense of urgency and works toward achieving goals; demonstrates attention to detail and is well organized in all aspects of job performance.
- High School Diploma required; Experience - Minimum of 1-year experience managing a service concept with full P&L responsibility preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Restaurant Manager training modules; must be ServSafe certified. Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); Proficient knowledge of personal computers and related software applications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and use personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
- Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs.; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Jack in the Box, Inc. and its affiliates will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.