Job DescriptionPetterino’s Now Seeking A Restaurant Manager… Join Our Leadership Team!
Petterino’s – a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant in the heart of Chicago's thriving theatre district -- is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to add to their team. This is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a high-volume environment and establishing rapport with a variety of guests, from business regulars, theatre patrons, first-time visitors and tourists. If you're eager to develop your career within an established, growing company, please apply today! EOE. E-Verify.
• 2-3 years of full-service floor management experience
• Ability to lead by example with strong attention to detailed guest service
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment with established systems
• Skilled in leading and developing hourly teams
• Experienced in the upscale dining segment of the industry
Petterino's is a busy restaurant in the heart of Chicago’s Loop theatre district. Using classic culinary techniques and the finest contemporary ingredients, we provide sophisticated, fashionable dining for modern, nutrition-aware diners.
Not ready to apply? Join Our Talent Network - !
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Nonsmoking working environment
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
Lead and direct the daily operations of a restaurant and consistently deliver an exceptional guest and employee experience; lead and develop the front of house (FOH) and back of house (BOH) teams while fostering our Culture of Caring; and assist the General Manager (GM) in driving sales, managing costs, growing the business.
- Organize, run and supervise smooth and efficient daily shifts (including opening and closing shifts), ensuring an exceptional guest and employee experience
- Provide guidance and leadership to hourly and management teams while fostering our Culture of Caring
- Respond immediately and effectively to guest and employee needs and feedback
- Maintain proficiency in job functions of all FOH and BOH positions and provide active back-up support when business needs require
- Assist GM in managing costs, driving sales and growing the business in support of financial goals
- Partner with GM and management team to interview, hire, onboard, train, schedule, supervise and develop all FOH and BOH hourly employees (including proficient use of online applicant tracking, training and other HR systems and tools)
- Monitor, address and document individual hourly employee performance through on-going feedback, positive recognition, formal performance reviews, coaching and, when necessary, disciplinary action up to and including employment termination
- Perform opening sanitation checklist, pre-shift line check and shift walk-throughs
- Balance, pare and maintain security of all cash banks
- Prepare for and conduct pre-shift and other employee meetings
- Ensure repair and maintenance needs are addressed
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Ensure proper food storage, quality and presentation standards, including temperature controls
- Monitor and ensure the restaurant and the team’s compliance with all Company and restaurant policies and procedures as well as all legal and regulatory requirements (including but not limited to safety and sanitation regulations and alcohol management) and represent the restaurant and Company in interactions with legal and regulatory authorities
- Perform regular and ad hoc inventories of food, beverage and restaurant supplies and track high cost items; place food, beverage and restaurant supply orders; and accept and inspect deliveries
- Work a variety of days and shifts (including early mornings, late nights and weekends) at multiple sites as needed
- Travel overnight occasionally as needed
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools, utensils, equipment and software (for example, restaurant management software, etc.)
- Effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable light, noise and temperature levels
- Move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
- Model and promote teamwork across all teams
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with challenges pertaining to guests, vendors and employees, and respond with patience and courtesy
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties assigned as needed