Reports To: District Manager
Department: Restaurant Operations
We are located at 4875 North Federal Boulevard, Denver, CO 80221. We are on the corner of Federal Blvd and W 49th Ave.
The Restaurant Manager has overall responsibility for managing daily operations of a single, 10-45 employee restaurant, ensuring delivery on the Customer Promise, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability, and employee retention). The RM mobilizes the restaurant management team to oversee the financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and BKC compliance within the restaurant across all shifts.
Principal Responsibilities and Key Activities:
Leads Operations: Directs efficient and accurate preparation of products for prompt customer delivery within the established speed of service guidelines.
- Provides operations direction to team in a clear, concise and positive way and coaches others to lead operations
- Sets an example for team by working hard to ensure swift and smooth operations
- Takes full responsibility for at least one (1) district-wide operations process or initiative as assigned by the DM (e.g., district meeting coordination; seed training; district recruitment; etc.)
- Attains targets set for Speed of Service, Guest Trac and SPO Audits
Leads Customer Service Delivery: Motivates and directs team members to do what it takes to exceed customer expectations with food and friendly service in clean surroundings, while consistently adhering to quality, service, cleanliness standards during travel paths.
- Makes an excellent impression on customers and team through positive and friendly attitude and proactive interaction to seek feedback on customer experience (Influences Others/Shows Drive)
- Works quickly with team to act on customer feedback and resolve customer complaints in a friendly and professional manner
- Coaches team to effectively implement marketing/sales strategies (i.e., up selling tickets, focus on value menu)
- Conducts Travel Paths according to all standards and expectations
- Completes all BKC and company processes and procedures relating to operations
Builds Team Talent: Provides coaching and feedback to crew and managers on crew stations, BKC products, processes and policies; leads restaurant management team in recruiting, selecting and retaining effective crew talent.
- Develops management staff to write schedules, write orders and effectively hire and train new team members
- Sets challenging goals for self and team, provides timely performance feedback and ensures accountability
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies to identify/hire/promote/orientate and retain effective crew talent; assists DM with management recruitment and selection
- Identifies effective team members who are "at-risk-of-departing" and takes action for retention
- Facilitates weekly meeting with management staff
- Follows company processes for interviewing, hiring, on-boarding and training employees
Manages Restaurant Profit and Loss: Assumes full responsibility for the restaurant profit and loss management by following cash control/security procedures; maintaining inventory, managing labor, and applying financial report analysis to enhance restaurant results
- Oversees the forecasting, ordering, accounting and maintaining of restaurant product and supply inventories
- Achieves labor targets
- Achieves food cost variance targets
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and development skills with a minimum of 2 years of excellent performance standards with a Burger King restaurant or a comparable work record in a restaurant or in the retail/hospitality industry is preferred
- English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension
- Strong math and windows based computer literacy.