Job Description: Restaurant Manager
Reports to: General Manager
The Restaurant Manager, among other things:
- Manages the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
- Oversees and coordinates the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Oversees the inventory and ordering of food and supplies.
- Optimizes profits and ensures that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Understands completely & conforms to all Company policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Achieves Company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Adheres to Company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Manages shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Ensures that all financial (invoices, reporting), recordkeeping and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Promotes a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback.
- Keeps upper management promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Has knowledge of all restaurant products, menu, and current promotions.
- Answers guests’ questions regarding the restaurant and/or food and beverage items served at the restaurant.
- Has complete knowledge of point-of-sale and manual systems and procedures.
- Respond daily customer reviews.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by upper management.
- Excellent customer service.
- Must have the ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Speaks, reads and understands English and Spanish.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to be polite and respectful at all times.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily in English and Spanish with guests/visitors, management and co-workers, to their understanding.
- Reads, speaks and understands English and Spanish.
- Wine knowledge.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access information into the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to maintain concentration and think clearly in a noisy environment.
- Ability to stand and walk during entire shift.
- Bending, pulling, pushing, climbing, stooping, twisting, lifting, and repetitive hand and wrist motion, among others.
- Lifts up to 80 pounds.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multiple tasks that may be assigned by The Knife Restaurant, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the duties and responsibilities that are expected from him/her as a Restaurant Manager. The Knife Restaurant reserves the right to modify this job description at any time with or without notice.
Page 1 of 2