Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide positive and proactive interaction with guests and maintains great relationships with guests.
- Manages the human resource function in the restaurant ensuring recruitment, selection, orientation, training, scheduling and performance management functions meet or exceed company specified criteria.
- Implements and maintains effective two-way communication systems which reach all staff. (Pre meal, weekly, monthly meetings.)
- Maintain a positive working relationship with clients and service teams.
- Ensures timely meal service and overall food quality and handling, safety, service, and cleanliness standards are met in all service areas. Supervises service during dining hours.
- Responds to guest complaints in person at the time of the complaint or via e-mail for electronically received complaints.
- Schedules staff and approves Hotschedules shift pickups
- Carry out training and development of all staff to enable them to carry out their own duties and responsibilities.
- Trains Staff in proper execution of their job duties.
- Conduct a briefing of front of house supervisors prior to the beginning of service to ensure complete communication to necessary staff.
- Maintain knowledge of service requirements detailed menu selections, major ingredients appearance, texture garnish and presentation.
- Participate in employee meetings, reviews and development.
- Assist with events on and off property.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience, supervisory experience; including alcoholic beverage service.
- Experience managing POS systems and daily cash controls.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Strong customer service experience, knowledge of customer service techniques and high quality consciousness.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others while acting as a role model, knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Effective communication, problem solving, planning, organizational, and creative skills; desire to contribute with innovative ideas
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks for efficient service
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Aloha, Compeat, Tripleseat and Hotschedules a plus.
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a salaried position that is exempt from overtime pay. Our restaurants operate seven (7) days a week, excluding some holidays. A 50 hour work week is expected with hours that vary between 8 AM and 2 AM depending on location.
Culture and Operations:
Our Managers must embody the Spirit of Hospitality and operate with the intent of ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! Our Managers and Chefs operate closely together to ensure we are always serving the highest quality food and beverage. Continued coaching and developing of all our staff in executing our service and guest satisfaction standards is a must. Our AGMs are leaders in living our Mission, Vision and Values.
The Manager provides leadership and assistance to the General Manager to ensure that all team members are guest-focused and team-focused. The Assistant General Manager will exercise knowledge of restaurant operations, manage staff resources, provide counsel, develop and coach team members and help to build sales and profits while maintaining operating standards.