Reports To (Title): Market Leader
Department: Field Operations
Job Summary: The Church’s Restaurant General Manger is passionate about providing our guests a high quality, value oriented dining experience with friendly, quick, accurate service in a clean and safe environment. The RGM is responsible and accountable for all of the business activities in one restaurant location, specifically to:
- Provide a superior and memorable experience for all guests.
- Achieve sales goals
- Control expenses to budget or better,
- Create an environment where team members are engaged in doing their jobs and encouraged to grow while delivering exceptional service.
- The Church’s Restaurant General Manager direct reports usually include an Assistant Restaurant General Manager and/or Shift Leader). The number of direct reports may vary by location based on total sales volume, sales and geographic location of the restaurant.
- Creates an in store service environment that exceeds guest expectations with regards to friendly, quick, and accurate service. Builds team understanding and commitment to guest service standards.
- Communicates and follows-up with guests to obtain feedback and identify service and food quality improvement opportunities.
- Assists and resolves all guest complaints in-person or by phone. Apply the “listen, apologize, satisfy and thank” model to all guest complaints.
- Ensures all incoming calls are handled in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Directs and conducts regular training with team members.
- Provides regular feedback to all team members and identifies areas for improvement.
- Works with direct reports to cross-train and assist in the development of new skills.
- Creates a work place where team members strive to do their best, are rewarded for performance, and have fun.
- Ensures that federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances are practiced and enforced,
- Maintains a clean and safe restaurant for guests and team members.
- Responsible for budgets and makes adjustments as needed.
- Ensures compliance with labor laws.
- Understands, enforces and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains restaurant inventory and ensures accessibility and organization.
- Responsible for routine maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Prepares and analyzes operation reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Education, Qualifications, Experience):
- High school diploma or GED required. Must have (1) years of supervisory experience working in the restaurant industry.
- Successfully complete all training and make a passing score on all applicable tests.
Position Qualifications/Functional Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 50 – 55 hours per week. Must be available to work a flexible shift including weekends.
- Knowledge of all restaurant policies, practices and operational and human resources procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor cost reporting, operating statements, and other business-related reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and building strong work habits.
- Continuously working to improve customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of recruiting and interviewing potential team members.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Manage conflict resolution.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment.
1. If you’re hungry for a career that’s fun, fast-paced and loaded with opportunity, then you’ve come to the right place. At Church's®, we’re not your typical quick service restaurant. We make real comfort food that makes a difference in peoples’ lives. And for over 60 years, our restaurant has been a place where hard-working people can get ahead and go on to do amazing things by serving others.
2. Church’s Chicken is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.