Who is Genuine Hospitality?
The Genuine Hospitality Group is James Beard Award-winning Chef Michael Schwartz's restaurant group that began in 2007 with the opening of flagship Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, setting the bar for neighborhood dining with its menu based on simple preparations of fresh ingredients and the atmosphere to match. Now encompassing 9 restaurants (including Amara at Paraiso and Tigertail and Mary) from waterfront fine dining to a casual pizzeria brand, Genuine is a thoughtful approach to award winning restaurant conceptsnot just making food that tastes great from quality ingredients presented simply, but a tireless, it-can-always-be-better attention to detail in every aspect of the dining experience.
Are you inspired and motivated by a dynamic environment? We are laser-focused on growing the company, & our people, their passion, and desire to contribute to our Genuine culture. We are always looking for dependable, hard working, roll up your sleeves, reliable, and professional team members with great attitudes and personalities to join the Genuine team.
The Restaurant Manager is a key leadership position. As the restaurant manager you will report to the General Manager and be responsible for supervising, motivating, training and developing front of house team. The role requires the ability to deliver exceptional guest experience both for external and internal guests and ensure service standards are delivered daily. You will have responsibilities including floor management (table touches), opening/closing duties, management tasks/duties, menu and service knowledge, pre shifts, training and developing the team members.
- Coach, inspire and motivate team members through leading by example and applying the Genuine Management Coaching principles;
- Ensure memorable guest experience, touch tables and anticipate needs. All guests are made to feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times;
- Ensure that the restaurant is set for success with opening and/or closing duties/tasks;
- Work with BOH management to ensure proper communication regarding menu options, substitutions, etc.;
- Maintain excellent and working knowledge of our menu and beverage program; be fully versed on all new menu items and beverages;
- Maintain open lines of communication between FOH and BOH to ensure that all food and products are consistently being delivered;
- Assists with scheduling team members;
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that contents are correct and follows are inventory process;
- Assists and lead certain management duties such as inventory, bar program, training and development of front of house staff;
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Assist with employment hiring and termination decisions in conjunction with General Manager and human resources guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Be an engaged and productive member of the management team provide suggestions and feedback.
- At least 2 years of F&B operations management in a fine dining environment or at a F&B hotel restaurant at a 4 or 5 star/diamond level of service;
- A strong knowledge and understanding of all the FOH roles;
- Excellent communication skills both oral/written;
- Ability to work long hours- weekends, evenings ;
- Team player ability to roll up sleeves and help the team to ensure a successful operations.
- Financials- Understand financials and forecasting. Strong systems knowledge with POS- Toast preferred or similar system. Basic knowledge with excel spreadsheets, word and other common software programs.
- Strong people skills and can easily connect with external/internal guests and team members.
- Combination of experience and education is acceptable
- Bachelors in Hospitality Management or F&B or Restaurant operations or related field
- Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.