We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of the business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operations, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly, and annual revenues and expenses.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- Previous work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role.
- Proven customer service experience as a manager.
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff.
- Familiarity with restaurant management software.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and people skills.
- Acute financial management skills.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma Required, Knowledge of Computers (MS Word, Excel).
Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies, and procedures, personnel management, record keeping, and preparation of reports.
Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must attend orientation and agree to policies and procedures as outlined. Must attend and successfully complete the Manager training program prior to working a shift without supervision. Must successfully attend and complete all other required training in compliance with local and state regulations, such as food and/or alcohol service certifications.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the Manager is regularly required to stand up for a minimum of 12 hours; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or carry objects, products, or controls; and talk or hear. The Manager must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters whole performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the Manager is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles from the kitchen. The Manager is also occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, when in the dish area or walk-in cooler, and sometimes uses toxic or caustic chemicals when cleaning.