Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
About This Opportunity
The Restaurant Manager Trainee ensures that the overall store condition complies with company policies & procedures, and state & federal laws are being maintained and followed, they include: store cleanliness, food service, customer service, merchandising, controlling loss prevention, safety, and security - thereby maximizing store profitability, expense control, inventory levels, and shortage control. This manager fosters a coaching environment where team members want to excel and are recognized for their achievements while:
Cultivate a G•U•E•S•T in Mind Culture1. Focus on the wildly important.2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering customer needs and management support
- Manages food services in accordance with Department of Health and Company Standards.
- Effectively manages and grows the sales of the food service program; by directing sales, promoting, merchandising, and implementing new programs & communicating to vendors, managers, and other appropriate personal on marketing activities.
- Plans and prepares work schedules. Supervises coverage of shifts left vacant due to emergency or lack of food services personnel and fill as needed.
- Assists calculations of food consumption, and requests purchases inventory, as required.
- Analyzes financial data including shortage to identify business opportunities, determine proper action plan, and increase of sales.
- Manages food cost at prescribed levels fallowing approved portions control and accounting procedures. In addition to all controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of food service operation.
- Analyzes food service results and trends to determine the proper action plans, to leverage the stores food sales and address areas for improvement. Maintains 100% in-stock efficiency on top selling items.
- Oversees and may assist in preparing food items per required menus and recipes. Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Conducts daily and weekly safety inspections of food service equipment to ensure optimal operation conditions at all times. Ensures a safe environment is maintained at all times.
- Responds, reports, and follow-ups on all employees and/or customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to property.
- Checks display for neatness and customer appeal. Ensures that all authorized signs are displayed.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all contractual merchandise agreements and reports any discrepancies to management.
- Maintains a working relationship with all vendors. Monitors and corrects delivery procedures, ensure the accuracy of orders. Reports any problems to management.
- Promotes strong sales, by focusing on the team. Recruits, hires, trains, and coaches team members to develop top performing team members. Ensures team members are current on product offerings and promotions.
- Coaches and supervises team members in all store responsibilities and teaches them how to handle difficult and complicated situations by fostering a team environment.
- Evaluates and take positive and consistent disciplinary actions on violations of company policies.
- Maintains a neat personal appearance in accordance with company uniform and personal appearance policy as stated for Restaurant Manager.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Must be at least 18 years or older to apply. High School diploma or GED is preferred. Two year degree or above is strongly preferred. A minimum one year of retail, fast food, or sales management experience is required. Maintains Food Handlers and Food Safety Certification as required by County. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills and competencies. Proven success developing team members. Demonstrated ability to use P&L and store reports to affect change. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Excellent oral and written communication and intrapersonal skills. Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work with minimum supervision. Proficient computer knowledge (Microsoft products preferred Word, Excel). PDI/Verifone/Topaz experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds; push or pull up to 128 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.