Come join the Embassy Suites Seattle-North/Lynnwood hotel. Witness a new and improved look which is right around the corner! We are growing fast as a Hilton brand hotel along with SPIRE Hotels - our brilliant property management company.
In addition, we are re-shaping service levels through a ‘Make it Right’ mindset. And, we are ‘Making a Difference’ in our community & industry through our commitment to be gracious, engaging and caring.
Could this be you - Restaurant Server?
Examples of Duties:
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
- Input the order into the Point-of-Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- When complete, retrieve order up to 30 lbs., from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
- Present the check to guest promptly.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Supplement the bus-help in clearing and resetting the tables.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side-stands.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.