The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Restaurant Server is responsible for greeting, selling/order taking and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest.
- Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices.
- Accurate and prompt guest order taking.
- Prompt submission of food orders with the kitchen in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Prepare beverage and food orders in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Check food to ascertain appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Timely deliver beverage and food orders.
- Prepare guest checks accurately and present prior to guests departure.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Collect payment from the guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Remove dirty ashtrays, glasses, dishes, silverware and trash from occupied tables.
- Clear empty tables of linens, dishes and debris and place items in proper areas. Reset the tables.
- Clean and restock service items
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper ordering and food handling techniques and state and local serving guidelines.
- Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Source: TPG Hotels & Resorts