Established in Chicago in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe is one of the leaders of fast casual dining, a segment that blends the best of two worlds. We're fast - guests have busy lives. Whether they join us to linger over a morning cup of coffee or they're with us for a quick lunch, we're there to serve them promptly. But we're also casual dining, meaning we believe in delivering food to the table. Guests also enjoy nice touches like real tableware - a break from today's plastic, self-service world.
As a Shift Supervisor at Corner Bakery Cafe, you will be responsible for orchestrating exceptional food service, "Best In Class" customer service and operations. You'll simultaneously manage the dining room, kitchen and catering functions by directing and motivating your team to provide food and customer service that elicits genuine smiles. Find some balance between your life and an exciting career in food service, and join the nation's leading bakery cafe as a Shift Supervisor today!
* Manage and motivate employees through constant communication
* Make sure guests are receiving "Best In Class" customer service at all times
* Maintain food service and production levels -- ensure that food is prepared and served in the appropriate quantity and with the utmost quality
* Ensure operations are in accordance with kitchen sanitation and safety standards
* Start-up and shut-down of restaurant equipment and processes (opening/closing shifts)
* Handle inventory responsibilities including food orders and receipt
* Deliver food during peak hours of operation
* Perform administrative duties including required reports
Our Shift Supervisors are passionate about serving others and have an appetite for success.
Our ideal supervisors possess the following:
* A high school diploma; college degree is a plus
* At least 2 years of experience in restaurant supervision or management; full-service or fast casual restaurant experience is desired
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Ability to be on one's feet at least 8 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills -- clear and professional demeanor
* Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with efficiency
* A personable, friendly and outgoing personality -- must enjoy interacting with and servicing others
* Sincerity, honesty and candidness with team members and customers alike
* Initiative, drive and a self-starting work ethic
* Ability to lead, motivate, and manage employees
* A love for the restaurant business and desire to create "Best In Class" guest experience
Why Corner Bakery?
More growth. Better hours. Greater potential. All served in a culture that understands you have to have a lifeand the time to enjoy it.
Corner Bakery Cafe offers its Shift Supervisors:
* A competitive hourly rate and achievable monthly bonus
* Medical, dental, AD&D, and vision coverage plus a 401(k) savings plan
* Dependent care and health care spending accounts
* Paid vacation, tuition assistance and meal discounts
* Flexible work hours and great working conditions -- no late nights and no liquor, steam tables, or deep fryers
* Extensive on-boarding and training plus on-going development opportunities
* Rapid growth and career advancement opportunities
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We invite you to join us in a very unique corner of the world. Ours.
Feed the day.
CornerBakery (CBC) is a well established, limited service restaurant concept that has growth opportunities for team members in a fast casual restaurnat environment. At Corner Bakery Cafe, you can grow your career with us. This restaurant front of house or back of house job for hourly key team leaders focuses on assisting managers in running the restaurant as a keyholder. This includes shift supervisory / shift lead roles ensuring high quality food is prepared and served to our customers. This is an hourly team leader role that has keyholder / shift supervisor responsibilities.