Huntington Hotels Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Restaurant Supervisor for the Cottonwood Heights Courtyard by Marriott, scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2021. This beautiful new hotel will be part of a very exciting mixed use development in a premier location with easy access to ski resorts, hiking, biking, golfing, and all else that Utah has to offer. With 149 beautifully appointed rooms, an outdoor pool and large deck overlooking the Salt Lake Valley, a rooftop deck and firepit overlooking Big Cottonwood Canyon, and many other exciting amenities, this will be an amazing place to work and play. Come join our opening team and be a part of this awesome adventure!
Job Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Full time employees are eligible for these benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food Beverage Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for the day to day operations of the restaurant and kitchen including food and beverage preparation and and service, personnel, ordering inventory, and food and beverage cost controls.
- Directing Team Members
- Supervises, guides, schedules, and trains Food & Beverage team members.
- Supports proper grooming and dress code for department personnel.
- Ensures that food handling and safety guidelines are in effect and followed.
- Ensures that proper cash control and key control programs are followed.
- Conducts interviews and influences hiring and firing decisions.
- Ensures that all guests are dealt with in a professional, consistent manner.
- Ensures entire menu is available daily and hours of operation are strictly adhered to.
- Monitors and inspects all food & beverage deliveries, ensuring portion controls are adhered to.
Revenue and Financial
- Maintains daily cash controls and financial reporting for department.
- Conducts monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Reviews and processes payroll
- Processes gratuities and banquet charges
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that facilitates getting along with guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Provides a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs, Health Department requirements, and job safety analysis.
- Maintains and enforces sanitation laws and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area.
- Maintains service accounts for linen, janitorial, dishwasher maintenance, etc.
- Inspects food and beverage outlets for proper storage, neatness, and rotation of inventory.
- Performs all other duties as directed developed, or assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Food preparation and service skills required. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food handler's permit.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, food service equipment and software, printers, fax machine, and copiers. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- No educational requirement.
- Hotel or restaurant food service experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or other chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.