Southern Utah Veterans Home is hiring
he #1 ranked Skilled Nursing Facility in the country for the lowest re-hospitalization rate and has maintained a 5 Star Ranking Since opening in 2013. Join our team and help us continue making a difference today!
Develop lasting relationships with your patients and the staff in our building. The valuable work we do makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
- Direct or assist residents in transfer and ambulation techniques, and with range of motion and exercise activities; and, the use of walkers or other assistive devices. Coordinate self-help training. Coordinate or assist with other restorative functions.
- Evaluate progress and document daily. Participate in care plan meetings.
Personal Care, Nursing Care, and Food Service
- Assist residents with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Prepare residents for meals. Assist residents in eating as needed. Utilize restorative techniques to promote resident independence and highest functional level.
- Record progress in the Restorative Record. Read and follow daily care plans; report changes in resident condition to Nurse in charge; document care provision on resident record/flow sheets as required and report accidents and incidents.
- Provide nursing functions as directed by supervisor. Participate in resident care plan meeting as needed. Monitor restorative equipment for quantity, quality, and cleanliness.
• Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the State or must within four (4) months of employment have completed state required training and a competency
• Has received training in restorative nursing procedures.
• Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
• Must maintain regular attendance.
• Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org.