Job Description & Requirements
The Retail Account Manager is responsible for managing headquarter call for key accounts (non-national) which include distribution and space management, development and execution of ads, promotions, displays and territory plan. He/she ensures correct relative retail pricing (may have active role in setting pricing) and interacts with customer owner/executive level. Key accounts managed will have significant volume and/or complexity.
- Directly leads one or more key customer relationships.
- Secures authorizations on products.
- Sells in Dean DSMP standards for schematics and space maintenance.
- Ensures products are within defined retail pricing architecture.
- Communicate activity sold to customer through sales execution team.
- Leads account planning process including annual marketing calendar and sales execution framework.
- Delivers annual customer plan for sales volume and gross margin.
- Works with field finance to identify product void and lift analysis and determines appropriate action through sales operations team.
- Provides recommendations on RFPs/bids.
- Coordinates, communicates, and monitors monthly price changes.
- Manages trade spend and execution of ads and marketing plan.
- Responsible for customer compliance on terms and payments.
- Conducts customer business reviews and sales presentations with customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably in consumer product goods.
- Ability to demonstrate solid sales track record.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.