Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
The magic of Sandestin begins with our staff. Whether you are thinking of changing careers or you have heard our name and want to find out what the buzz is all about, we just might have the perfect opportunity in our resort’s job openings for you to excel in the hospitality industry.
The Retail Assistant Manager serves customers by training staff; purchasing and displaying products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent Customer service to guests in the store.
2. Ability to build relationships with customers.
3. Successfully follows a transaction through from start to finish by greeting the customer, assisting them in the fitting rooms, and ringing them up at the Point of Sale.
4. Operates point of sale by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
5. Opens and closes cash drawer at the beginning and end of their shift.
6. Exemplifies excellent product knowledge of on-hand and upcoming items in the stores.
7. Assists with customer service and point of sale training for new associates.
8. Assists with processing new merchandise and execution of floor sets.
9. Supervises Sales Associates and gives them tasks and follows up to make sure the tasks are completed.
10. Assists Store Manager with Markdowns and Inventory Management.
11. Takes ownership of the store in which they work and shows initiative.
12. Successfully manages a client book and calls their customers to inform about sales, specials, new stock, etc.
13. Ensures daily monitoring and execution of sales goals.
14. Needs to be a sales leader on the floor measured by SPH, ADT and UPT.
15. Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment.
16. Execute daily interior floor set maintenance for stores; including re-positioning mannequins, re-propping, re-merchandising and sourcing alternative product for interior presentations that have sell through.
17. Maintain inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels and anticipating customer demands. Then, provides reorder and product needs to Store Manager and Director of Retail.
18. Acts as Manager on Duty of Retail Department when Store Manager is absent.
19. Ability to present sales associates with Communication Notices.
20. Has a working knowledge of resort operations, and the ability to input Engineering, IT, and other work orders.
21. Helps plan and execute retail events.
22. Actively recruits new-hires.
23. Lead morning Sales Rally.
24. Assists Store Manager in forecasting monthly revenue goals on a weekly basis.
25. Assists Store Manager in recruiting, educating, and training university interns.
26. Assists Store Manager in completing Point-of-Sale PCI Checklists monthly.
27. Assists Store Manager and Administrative Assistant in creating and providing content for social media accounts daily.
28. Reviews Sales Specialist client books and provides constructive feedback daily.
29. Assists Store Manager and Director of Retail in other capacities.
30. Other duties as assigned.
The Retail Assistant Manager supervises the sales associates in their respective stores.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· College Degree Preferred but not required
· Point of Sale experience and general working knowledge of retail sales
· 2-5 Years of Retail Experience
· 2-5 Years of Merchandising Experience