Retail Banking Specialist – Overland Park, KS
Are you looking for a non-traditional banking opportunity? Beal Bank is seeking a full time Retail Banking Specialist. The schedule is Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. We are a wholesale bank with a focus on deposits and related services. Our branch product lines are limited to money market accounts, certificates of deposit (including individual retirement accounts) and statement savings accounts. Loan origination experience is not necessary and there are no sales requirements.
The Retail Banking Specialist is part of a small hands-on team and will work directly with customers.
Founded in 1988, the Beal Bank family of companies is headquartered in Plano, Texas, and comprises one of the largest private financial institutions in the United States. Our two partner banks, Beal Bank and Beal Bank USA, are guided by the same principles of reliability and excellent customer service. Whether you are a customer of Beal Bank or Beal Bank USA – or have accounts with both banks – we are dedicated to providing financial strength and stability, competitive rates and outstanding service to every customer.
The Retail Banking Specialist is responsible for providing frontline support and service to current and potential customers ensuring all bank policies, procedures and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Process a variety of customer transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with bank policies and regulations. This includes the opening, servicing and closing of all account products offered by the bank (CD’s, Money Market, Statement Savings and Retirement Accounts).
- Teller transactions such as cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, issuing Monetary Instruments, placing stop payments, etc.
- Performs opening, closing, and other branch servicing duties. Balancing cash drawer, assist with cash vault balancing, opening and processing of incoming mail, completing logs, reports, some audits and control checks while maintaining a neat and organized work area.
- Answer incoming phone calls, address customer questions and concerns and escalate any problems, concerns, or disputes to appropriate internal resources for resolution as appropriate.
- Imaging of customer documents and quality control check of documents once imaged.
- Enhances customer satisfaction and the professional reputation of the Bank, by warmly greeting, engaging, and developing good professional relationships with customers.
- Practices branch security procedures and protects customer confidentiality and privacy.
- Actively participate in CRA activities to ensure that all required monthly goals are met.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Prior experience as a teller or new account representative preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Adaptability to change.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficiency with 10 key touch, Microsoft Office and knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, banking software applications.
- Demonstrated good attendance and punctuality.
- Strong attention to detail with high concern for data accuracy.
- Customer service orientation with effective problem solving abilities and the ability to maintain composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with customers and internal team members.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of,or ability to quickly learn banking products, services, policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Developed critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Overnight and out of town travel is possible on occasion.
*No Relocation Assistance Offered
If you are looking to be a part of a winning team and meet the above requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beal is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.