Mosaic Sales Solutions is a full-service marketing agency that delivers successful brand experiences for various high profile clients directly to the people who buy them. Ad Age recently included us in their Best Places to Work in Marketing and Media list, and we are about to expand our team!
We are currently looking for a Retail Beverage Service Merchandiser, specialized in the adult beverage category, to join our innovative, growing company.
The Retail Service Beverage Merchandiser is responsible for representing Mosaic, our clients, and our customers by effectively performing project work including, but not limited to, the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, stock rotation, building displays, installing POS and completing surveys and audits. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. The incumbent must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners to ease the ability to push incremental and predominant product placement with the direct goal of increasing sales.
- Read and follow a beverage rack plan-o-gram to effectively complete rack builds and placement as well as additional project work as requested by their supervisor.
- Have a working knowledge of merchandising, retail, and adult beverage terminology
- Brand advocacy. Being an expert brand ambassador of all brands and products of the Client. Being able to sell any product to any stakeholder.
- Perform duties such as maintaining rack integrity & presentation, installing multiple shelf talkers to promote sales, rotation of products, displaying merchandise properly according to rack plan-o-grams or in accordance with retailer guidelines, placing shelf strips and attaching tags properly, checking date codes and plan-o-gram integrity, and processing packouts, restocks and reorders as necessary.
- Take controlled surveys 3 times each year, and report current trends and market conditions directly to Client Team
- Gain prominent floor space for large mass package floors (10+ cases of product), smaller regular floors (1-5 cases of product), and anything in between. Maintain these displays to MHUSA standard by filling in case when depleted and installing any new point of sale (cases cards, rebates, neckers, etc.)
- Routinely stock cold boxes to promote impulse purchases, place product at eye level, and suggest improved distribution of other MHUSA products
- Assure that retailers determined prices are clearly marked for all Brands in every part of the store (bottles, cases, shelf-channels, wall posters)
- Execute trainings for employees of retailers. Keep retailers informed of any MHUSA initiatives, product and packaging launches, changes, etc.
- Assist in gathering and moving materials, supplies, fixtures and equipment necessary for the assigned project work; primarily pertaining to beverage displays.
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship; primarily pertaining to beverage displays and effort to keep beverage rack merchandised and on sales floor.
- Collaborate with store management to implement strategy to prolong rack presence in store with preferred product assortment
- Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to indicate work availability, check schedule for work assignments, accept work assignments, receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work expenses, record work time and attendance, and complete training activities.
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned project work.
- Perform job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Manage incremental part-time reps as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow all Mosaic policies and standard operating procedures.
- Understand and follow all Client policies and standard brand product guidelines.
- Average of 5+ years of retail and/or merchandiser experience with a background in sales/marketing
- Prior sales experience within either the direct sales category or the marketing landscape
- Retail training experience with comfort of training retail associates and managers on Client’s initiatives and priorities
- Strong demonstration of the following core competencies:
- Quality Commitment-Maintain quality standards that meet and/or exceed expectations
- Detail Oriented- Ensure work accuracy
- Customer Service-Provide a level of service to customer concerns
- Communication Skills-Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and handheld devices).
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product, shelving, or displays of up to 75 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores) for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and stand on a step stool or ladder.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate effectively with others.
- Must have access to the internet on a daily basis. Must be able to work effectively in web based applications, email applications, and word processing applications.
- Must be able to cover requested territory regularly which may have up to a 2-hour driving radius
- Must have reliable vehicle that is able to hold your daily POS materials as well as be able to transport larger displays in a box as needed. Preferred mid-size SUV as minimum.
- This position requires that you drive on behalf of Acosta Sales & Marketing, and as such, any DUI/DWI conviction in the past 36 months will be an immediate disqualifier for this position.