Plans and controls the purchase and sales of products in order to achieve the budgeted objectives in terms of sales, profitability and market promotions.
- Buying : Roles at this level are typically experienced professionals and/or operational line managers who are interpreting and applying policy to achieve specified outputs or advising the wider business on application of policy.
- Client & Customer Management (Internal) : Manage relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner, while taking guidance from senior colleagues.
- Commercial Management : Roles at this level are typically experienced professionals and/or operational line managers who are interpreting and applying policy to achieve specified outputs or advising the wider business on application of policy.
- Supply Chain Management : Makes sure that a portfolio of suppliers are delivering required levels of service while reporting to senior colleagues.
- Brand : Executes a brand plan for a particular product, service or specialty area while working within established brand management systems.
- Solutions Analysis : Analyzes specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions.
- Strategic Planning : Develops and/or delivers elements of a strategic planning system with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Manages complexity : Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, asks questions to encourage others to think differently and enrich their analyses of complex situations. Accurately defines the key elements of complex, ambiguous situations.
- Optimizes work processes : Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, uses metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to make methods productive and efficient. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Collaborates : Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, encourages coworkers and external partners to work together as a team, and makes sure they get credit for doing so. Encourages people to share their honest views, responds in a non-defensive way when they do.
- Plans and aligns : Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, outlines clear plans that put actions in a logical sequence; conveys some time frames. Aligns own work with relevant workgroups. Takes some steps to reduce bottlenecks and speed up the work.
- Business insight : Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, understands the main business fundamentals. Tries to learn the organization's key drivers, industry developments, and trends; seeks guidance to understand choices.
- Drives results : Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, regularly pushes self to achieve outstanding outcomes; consistently establishes bold goals for own performance; is passionate about excellent results and significant contributions. Shows great tenacity to complete goals/initiatives in a timely way.
- Ensures accountability : Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, measures and tracks team's and own performance, and helps the team learn from success, failure, and feedback. Adheres to, and enforces, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Builds networks : Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization. For example, draws upon own network to gain insight, build support, and achieve outcomes. Leverages networks to identify industry experts, explore some best practices, and exchange ideas and knowledge.
- Persuades : Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others. For example, convinces others through a variety of means and methods of persuasion, including well-reasoned rationale. Recognizes when compromise is necessary and shifts approach to accommodate others.
- Verbal Communication : Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Negotiation : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to negotiate independently while providing guidance and training to others on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Commercial Acumen : Acts independently to apply comprehensive understanding of the business environment and objectives developing solutions while providing guidance and training to others.
- Vendor Management : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on managing vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources.
- Computer skills : Independently supports business processes with comprehensive understanding and effective use of standard office equipment and standard software packages, while also providing guidance and training to others.
- Planning and Organizing : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Action Planning : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Policy and procedures : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Construction Management : Applies comprehensive knowledge to independently supervise the construction of assigned properties according to instructions, while providing guidance and training to others.
- Costing and Budgeting : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently on costing, budgeting and finance tasks while providing guidance and training to others.
- General Experience : Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (Over 3 years to 6 years)
- Managerial Experience : Experience of general supervision of more junior colleagues (7 to 12 months)
- General Education : University / Post Graduate (Masters Degree)