FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland.
About the role
The retail construction manager will be responsible for delivering top class sportsbook fit-outs and associated projects across the US.
What you\u0026#39;ll do
- Own the project(s) from all aspects.
- Provide project and cost management of all projects and oversee and control staff to complete project assignments in accordance with project work plans.
- Manage project life-cycle, including project scheduling, sub-contractor management, and client relationships.
- Communicate with VP Retail, Operations Director and Projects Director to deliver appropriate progress reports and recommendations of sites and manage sportsbook development process from conception to opening.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Manage external consultants, suppliers and contractors to provide consistent high-quality service across the retail estate by service providers.
- Coordinate, monitor and communicate overall project activities, including company policies and guidelines, contractual scope, scheduling and budget requirements, between design professionals, construction, real estate and suppliers that are involved in the planning and construction of company projects.
- Development and implementation of new retail innovations for sportsbooks, process improvements, cost reduction and cost effectiveness initiatives.
- Ensure permitting, inspections, legal requirements and code compliance with relevant Building and Health and Safety Regulations are met and maintained.
- Ensure all projects are completed to a high standard with minimal snagging.
Who we\u0026#39;re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Construction/Building Science, Engineering, Business Management, Architecture or Design.
- Qualified to RICS/MCIAT/MCIOB US Equivalent or PMP, CMAA or CCM Certifications preferred.
- Prior experience with working under licensing guidelines/requirements, design and project management in a retail environment.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods, relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AutoCAD is required.
- Strong communication skills capable of controlling and maintaining fluid and effective communication data with contractors, vendors, clients, and within our company.
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have flexible schedule
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- 401K plan
- Attractive healthcare premiums
There\u0026#39;s more, but we don\u0026#39;t want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don\u0026#39;t tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.