Job Posting: Jun 15, 2016 -
Closing Date: Jun 18, 2016
Primary Location: GA-Hall
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Day Job
We at the Georgia Department of Agriculture (GDA) take our responsibilities to you very seriously and are committed to protecting and promoting Georgia's agriculture through superior service and leadership. The mission of the GDA is to protect consumers, promote agriculture, both locally and globally, and assist our customers using education, technology and a professional workforce. The vision of the GDA is to continue to be a globally recognized leader in agricultural excellence through a commitment to safety, quality, growth and innovation.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Applicant must reside in Hall County or be willing to relocate. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Licenses, regulates and inspects retail fueling stations. Inspector performs inspection activities according to appropriate established regulations, directives and procedures in an efficient manner.
2. Collects samples of petroleum products and routes to laboratory for identification and analysis. Inspectors have a 5
gallon test-unit or test kit that allows them to test fuel.
3. Inspects for proper marking, handling, and labeling, etc. according to established rules and regulations.
4. Inspects facilities and equipment for accuracy, and compliance regulations.
5. Documents and records all inspection findings in an accurate and timely manner according to established policies and procedures.
6. Completes time and leave reports within established timeframes.
7. Maintains knowledge of all assignments in District in order to schedule/reschedule inspectors as required.
8. Writes reports of findings and recommendations and provides advice and guidance on regulations.
9. Treats customers with respect, courtesy and tact; listens to customer and interacts with customer in a professional manner while maintaining business relationship.
10. Interacts with all levels of state government in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation and contributes to excellent performance.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Completion of two years of college which included 12 semester/20 quarter hours in chemistry or life sciences AND One year of experience in a directly related area; OR completion of a vocational-technical program in agriculture, horticulture, environmental science, pest control, entomology or a close related field AND one year of experience at an equivalent to the lower level; OR Two years of experience at an equivalent to the lower level.
Note: If you are applying for the position based on college credit, you will need to submit a copy of your college transcript along with your state application to help determine if you meet the qualifications for this position. Failure to submit a transcript may result in not being eligible for this specific position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to applicants, who, in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, possess knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
Working knowledge of Windows computer operating system and applications.
HOW TO APPLY: (WE ACCEPT STATE APPLICATIONS BY ANY METHOD LISTED BELOW. RESUMES MAY BE SUBMITTED IN ADDITION TO THE STATE APPLICATION.)
Mail a completed State of Georgia application to Georgia Department of Agriculture, Personnel Office, Room 300, Agriculture Building, 19 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30334; or
Fax a completed State of Georgia application to (404) 463-8196; or
Team Georgia Careers http://team.georgia.gov/careers/; or
E-mail a completed State of Georgia application to GDAPersonnel@agr.georgia.gov.
Please reference the job title and position number when submitting paper applications. Applications received without a job title or position number will be considered unsolicited and will not be reviewed. For a copy of the State Application, please visit http://team.georgia.gov/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/State_Application-Standard-3.3.15.pdf or contact the Georgia Department of Administrative Services, Human Resource Administration at (404) 656-2705.
The GDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews.
If you need an accommodation for an interview,
please contact the Personnel Office at (404) 656-3615.