Manages budget and P&L for location and sets aggressive goals to achieve business objectives. Six core job functions consist of: 1) team leadership, 2) store operations, 3) customer service, 4) product merchandising, 5) relationship management, and 6) business execution. (Duties may vary depending on the size and scope of the location, with more direct supervision from GM required at small to mid-size locations with minimal or no management support.)
- Plans, develops and implements organizational policies and goals.
- Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for the profitability of store operations.
- Coordinates the activities of the stores and/or departments to obtain efficiency and economy of the total operations.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs workers in preparing the merchandise displays.
- Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing the daily record of transactions for corporate, or performs work of subordinates as needed.
- Directs or coordinates the ordering of merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales and record-keeping procedures and practices.
- Directs and coordinates the promotion of products manufactured to develop new markets, increase market share, and obtain a competitive position in the industry.
- Analyzes each division’s or department’s budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates the operating budget.
- Confers with corporate administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating and sales reports to determine what changes in programs or operations are required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promotes the organization to the industry, trade associations, and local airport officials.
- Resolves customer’s complaints and inquiries.
- Promotes and manages a positive and productive work environment working with the management team to provide clear communications and fair and timely evaluations of all staff.
- Hires and promotes from within (whenever possible) to ensure the proper management of the location as well as the company overall.
- Belief and support of The Paradies Lagardère Mission Statement and Core Values
- Ability to manage for results in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a 7/365 work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years merchandising, operations and personnel experience as a retail manager in either a department store or specialty/gift store with a full understanding of First Class Customer Service.