Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting – all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The Retail Lending Manager will coach and motivate the sales team to help increase production and profit for the company. Will manage a team of Loan Officers and Processors to ensure they are adhering to established sales goals and company guidelines. Monitor and motivate a group of Loan Officers to perform loan origination duties at optimum levels. Manage Loan Processors to ensure efficient file flow and pipeline management. Utilize knowledge and experience in loan origination and sales to help increase production and profit for the department. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Analyzes production statistics and results routinely to identify opportunities for increasing and improving performance across assigned team.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly projections of production and report findings and projections directly to management.
- Review loan files to ensure the Loan Officer has completed all necessary tasks and designed a program that is best for their client.
- Resolves any sales or operational issues that may arise in the most efficient manner and in line with company guidelines.
- Partner with operations staff to ensure expedient process of file flow.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Excellent knowledge of the mortgage origination process.
- Expert knowledge of GNMA, FHA, and conventional lending policies and practices.
- Working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC and related entity lending policies and practices.
- Industry specific software knowledge preferred, i.e. Lead management systems (Leads 360), DU, LP, Appraisal Management Software.
- Strong working knowledge of Carrington policies, procedures, guidelines and organization structure.
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines and investor requirements generally in the mortgage industry with ability to learn the Carrington specific policies.
- Ability to learn Carrington’s loan origination system if new to the company.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information about Carrington, its sales process flow, its products and the specialty lending industry.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to follow CMS Mortgage Lending loan protocols.
- Ability to proactively address and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact both inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of their own and others on short and long-term basis.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to record, balances, and check results for accuracy.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, audibly, and quickly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 - 5+ years’ experience in mortgage origination, preferably in a multi-state company.
- Previous management / supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have a current Mortgage Loan Originator License through NMLS.