The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance with all standards, policies and procedures, as well as developing innovative strategies to drive efficiencies and best practices. This role will provide operational leadership for all districts including: communication, supporting daily retail operations, inventory management, cash handling procedures and customer experience.
- Manages deployment of initiatives related to inventory, product, merchandising, marketing, IT/POS, and Policy and Procedure updates. Includes formal weekly communication to Store Teams and Corporate Office as well as daily updates to District and Store teams.
- Ensures field compliance with all policies and procedures. Identifies best practices and process improvement opportunities. Keeps command of store operations and continues to understand and know the business in order to support the field properly. Updates Policy and Procedure Manual as needed.
- Ensures proper communication between District and Store Teams and Corporate Office.
- Oversees Monthly Inventory Management. Ensures stores complete inventories and makes necessary updates and adjustments to online systems as needed. Partners with Accounting and District Managers to ensure timely and proper execution by all store teams.
- Manages monthly Payroll Planner for all Districts.
- Monitors Loss Prevention Issues including shrink, cash procedures and armored car service; works with District Manager to investigate exceptions. Reviews daily exception reporting and follows up with District Managers on any issues that are reported.
- Serves as main point of contact between store line and bakeries on all daily operations and deliveries.
- Responsible for ensuring all business permitting is up to date. This includes health permits, business licenses, employee food handler licenses, etc.
- Follow up on all Department of Health inspections. Ensuring all Violations are resolved and working with food inspection liaison in order to ensure proper grade achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring all store supply needs are met by monitoring the store supply ordering system, ensuring that supply budgets are adhered to, and bidding out all new store supplies and print jobs in order to gain the best price.
- Manages all vendor negotiations related to store supplies.
- Review weekly invoices to ensure they are correct and provide necessary approvals to the Accounting department in order for payment to be made.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Operations Management in Retail/Food Service
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral