Drive retail sales through selling, training, developing and leading Eyewear Specialists to “Super Serve” our Customers by utilizing the Company’s Running the Sales Floor – ‘Heads Up’ selling strategies. Supervise overall performance and operation of the store in the absence of the General Manager following established procedures and use of sound judgment
1. Set example and lead retail sales by determining customer wants and needs and selling to exceed their expectations. Maximize productivity through implementation of resource scheduling where applicable.
2. Inspect finished eyeglasses using the Lensometer to conform to Company’s 7-Point Quality Verification. Provide a thorough dispense with each customer to ensure the eyewear fits properly and is optically correct; reinforcing “Super Serving” our customer and customer value.
3. Assist in supervising staff including: recruitment and interviewing of retail staff, coaching / counseling meetings, preparation of schedules for retail staff in compliance with payroll guidelines and customer flow.
4. Perform all opening and closing procedures to include bank deposits, cash on hand verification, payroll processing, opening POS system, and signing and filing POS reports.
5. Enforce cash handling policies and procedures as outlined in the Accounting SOP.
6. Administer merchandising and display programs.
7. Verify that Rx information is entered correctly and completely in the POS system.
8. Assist GM in analyzing and make adjustments to control expenses and maximize store profitability.
9. Train and develop optical technicians on all pre-test equipment standards.
10. Embrace and promote Company Culture and Code of Business Conduct.
· HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
· 1-5 years of experience required
· Licensed RS will have a State Opticians License
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms.
· Favorable result on Background Check
· Must have own vehicle and be an insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organization and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Ability to think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Attention to detail
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Manage location effectively
· Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
· Optical experience a plus
Training Requirements (where applicable)
· Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
· Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.