Looking to unleash your potential? Joining the Visionworks team means being part of a culture where you are valued, empowered and encouraged to grow. At the same time, you’ll be in charge of one of humankind’s most precious senses – a person’s sight.
Visionworks is a North American eye care retailer with more than 8,000 associates across 720 stores.
We are devoted to healthy eyes and passionate about delivering flawless vision by ensuring every
person who visits our stores and affiliated doctors has an incredible experience, in an unexpectedly simple way.
Visionworks is looking for an outgoing, friendly, and team oriented candidate to join our staff as a Retail Supervisor. The Retail Supervisor will assist the general manager with the day to day operation of the location by driving sales through selling, training, developing and leading associates to “Super Serve” our Customers by utilizing the Company’s Running the Sales Floor – ‘Heads Up’ selling
strategies. Retail Supervisor’s will supervise overall performance and operation of the store in the absence of the General Manager following established procedures and use of sound judgment.
- Ensure SERVE is executed effectively and cultivated accordingly to drive desired outcomes/results
- Utilize SKILL and COACH with all associates relating to current business objectives to drive desired outcomes/results
- Ensure Charting the course Program is being utilized for all associates including maintenance of the recognition board to drive desired outcomes/results
- Create, post and ensure schedule efficiency.
- Assist general manager with coaching of associates and disciplinary actions
- Assist general manager with recruiting and hiring of new associates
- Under the guidance of the general manager, support location associates to successfully execute their specific responsibilities by providing the tools, benchmarks, resources, ideals, education and training.
- Along with general manager, support framework of policies and procedures, through a complete understanding of handbook, company policies and collective bargaining agreement.
- Provide continuous quality improvement in products and services to ensure customer delight by identifying and acting on opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Or one to three months related experience and/or training
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Background:
1-2 years management experience or previous retail experience with EVC
Must be able to pass a background and drug test
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.