Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Retail Clerk attends to the customer's needs, handle cash and product. Assume responsibility for customer service, store presentation, cash and key controls as assigned by the Region Bakery Outlet Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Maintains a safe working environment for customers and fellow associates.
- Follows all safe working practices and procedures.
- Greet customers, maintains awareness, and assists with customer needs.
- Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Ensures superior customer service at all times.
- Ensures fast, efficient check-out.
- Handles cash and makes change accurately.
- Assures that stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times.
- Maintains product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor.
- Unloads trucks and check orders.
- Maintains freezer product at a safe and acceptable level, if applicable.
- Maintains a clean, neat work area including parking lot, carts, baskets and trash areas.
- Participates in store physical inventory.
- Participates in store team meetings and training.
- Reacts to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Communicates effectively with store management and fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work unsupervised.