This role is located in Elkhart, IN
Want to be part of a fast-growing, high-tech company that is launching new products nationally and experiencing exceptional growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy traveling and meeting new people, want the ability to work independently with the opportunity to enhance your career and achieve real results?
Then, Truma has a place for you!
Who We Are:
Truma is a leading international manufacturer of highly developed heating and water heater systems, as well as comfort accessories for travel trailers and motorhomes. Our global success and top market share come from our customer focus, innovation, product quality and outstanding service. Truma is a medium-sized, family-oriented company with over 600 employees globally and a long history going back more than 70 years.
What We Offer:
Exciting entrepreneurial, family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
Challenging and progressive career development
Competitive salaries, travel mileage reimbursements, and excellent health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, and Basic Life Insurance (company paid)
Simple IRA with Company Match
Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
Open communication, informal recognition, and team-building events
And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
As the Retail Sales Representative, you will provide sales and support to potential and existing customers throughout North America to meet or exceed the annual goals for Truma and growth in the retail segment.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
1. Lead the sales activities with existing and prospective customers in sale of Truma outdoor lifestyle products, including the Truma Cooler line and the Truma LevelCheck.
2. Cold calls on, and markets to, prospective clients across North America.
3. Follows up and qualifies sales leads.
4. Makes professional presentations on products and programs.
5. Develops and maintains relationships with key customer personnel.
6. Identifies client needs.
7. Provides quotes and product data as needed to customers.
8. Closes sales and follows through to assure appropriate delivery.
9. Supports Operations with forecasting and Accounts Receivable efforts as required.
10. Works with Inside Sales, Marketing and Business Development to improve and grow the business.
11. Completes internal paperwork and reports in the CRM in a timely fashion.
12. Frequently visits the distributors/retailers to provide customers with exceptional client support and product information, while keeping the customer abreast of new product developments which will provide solutions for the future.
13. Influences various decision makers during sales calls around the key attributes offered to consistently gain new business.
14. Actively identifies and attends high-potential trade shows, exhibits, and other events to build the brand and increase networking opportunities.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or a related field; or a combination of course work and experience would be preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of proven B2B consultative selling success in the outdoor, recreational, or sporting goods industry selling high-quality, high-end products preferred; experience in analyzing and onboarding key distribution and retail clients is required; possessing a strong distribution/dealer network in the related industry is preferred.
- Certifications: N/A
- Functional Skills: Strong research, planning, organization, and execution skills required; Professional Selling Skills to provide consultative selling is a requirement; effective at problem-solving and providing solutions to clients is key.
- Technology Skills: Intermediate PC/device skills to maintain daily details in the CRM system; solid technical aptitude to learn product attributes is also required. Knowledge of Salesforce preffered.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal, written communication skills required, with the ability to present and educate groups.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Customer-focused; Self-driven and motivated; can work independently and in teams; proven achievement in exceeding job expectations and driving results. Strong networking, influencing, and relationship building skills to maintain and grow the customer base. Ability to learn quickly; strong collaboration skills.
- Culture Match: Professional in appearance, reliable and able to work within a close team while possessing individual accountability for the role is key.
Contact us today and learn more about the Truma Family and how we can enhance Your Career!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Retail Sales Representative