JOB DESCRIPTION Summary:
Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the SERVE selling strategy to Super Serve the Customer’s needs. In addition to selling associate will handle routine supervisory functions such as: open/close duties, transaction approvals, and customer problem resolution.
1. Greet all customers in-person and by phone promptly and professionally as per company customer service standards to include identifying customers’ needs/lifestyle selling, offering current promotions, multiple pair offerings, obtaining prescription, use of the lens selling kit, offering our Unbeatable Price/Money-Back Satisfaction guarantee, etc.
2. Inspect finished eyeglasses using the Lensometer to conform to Company 7-Point Quality Check as well as providing a thorough dispense to ensure proper fit, etc.
3. Adjust and repair customer eyewear.
4. Stock/re-stock merchandise, clean and straighten displays and entire store to plan-o-gram.
5. Process defective, spoiled and cannibalized frames.
6. Perform all opening procedures to include making a timely and accurate bank deposit, verify cash on hand, open POS system and sign and file POS reports.
7. Complete all end-of-day reports, run POS reports, count cash at final closing and prepare the deposit.
8. Contact a member of the management team regarding any associate issues that involve Progressive Discipline.
9. Refer customer service issues that cannot be solved to the next scheduled member of the management team.
10. Complete company required training programs.
11. Follow company safety rules and standards.
12. Other duties as assigned by management to include cross training in the lab
One (1) – five (5) years of related experience required
HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
Must have own vehicle and be an insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
Favorable result on Background check
Ability to work a completely flexible work schedule
Work changing schedules to meet business demands
Work inside location
Strong organizational and supervisory skills
Speak clearly and effectively
Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
Use independent judgment and discretion
Meet customer expectations
Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
Follow procedures and instructions
Use computer effectively and view computer screen
Exhibit empathy in all situations
Attention to detail
Bend and stoop continuously
Reach above shoulder continuously
Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.