Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the SERVE selling strategy to Super Serve the Customer’s needs. In addition to selling associate will handle routine supervisory functions such as: open/close duties, transaction approvals, and customer problem resolution.
1. Greet all customers in-person and by phone promptly and professionally as per company customer service standards to include identifying customers’ needs/lifestyle selling, offering current promotions, multiple pair offerings, obtaining prescription, use of the lens selling kit, offering our Unbeatable Price/Money-Back Satisfaction guarantee, etc.
2. Inspect finished eyeglasses using the Lensometer to conform to Company 7-Point Quality Check as well as providing a thorough dispense to ensure proper fit, etc.
3. Adjust and repair customer eyewear.
4. Stock/re-stock merchandise, clean and straighten displays and entire store to plan-o-gram.
5. Process defective, spoiled and cannibalized frames.
6. Perform all opening procedures to include making a timely and accurate bank deposit, verify cash on hand, open POS system and sign and file POS reports.
7. Complete all end-of-day reports, run POS reports, count cash at final closing and prepare the deposit.
8. Contact a member of the management team regarding any associate issues that involve Progressive Discipline.
9. Refer customer service issues that cannot be solved to the next scheduled member of the management team.
10. Complete company required training programs.
11. Follow company safety rules and standards.
12. Other duties as assigned by management to include cross training in the lab
· One (1) – five (5) years of related experience required
· Optical preferred
· HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
· Must have own vehicle and be an insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
· Favorable result on Background check
· Ability to work a completely flexible work schedule
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organizational and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Attention to detail
· Bend and stoop continuously
· Reach above shoulder continuously
· Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.