We are seeking a Retail Waste Technician to drive to retail locations throughout the local area of Sanford, Florida. This position is responsible for picking up, packing, and labeling damaged or expired retail and/or pharmaceutical materials and transport them to a Clean Harbors facility for disposal. This position will operate a Class B box truck and will require a valid CDL license or the ability to obtain upon hire.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive base hourly wages with weekly overtime opportunities!
- Minimal overnight travel - local home nightly!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Proper packing and loading of materials and waste products;
- Prepare DOT shipping documents;
- Conduct projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans as well as Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class B CDL strongly preferred, or ability to obtain within 90 Days of hire – Paid CDL Training provided!
- Previous manual labor experience (ie. loading/offloading trucks, movement of drums and totes);
- Strong customer service aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and related programs.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.