Republic Wireless (HQ in Raleigh, NC with remote work the company policy for now) is seeking an experienced marketer with a strong data analytics background and affinity to bring creativity, executional excellence and measurement to communications with our lower funnel prospects and members (customers). Republic will be expanding its approach to retention marketing to be more analytically-driven, and we seek a strategic leader and manager for these initiatives. Republic has the lowest churn and highest loyalty in the category, but is never satisfied with losing a single member. This role will report to SVP Commercial Strategy and Marketing and, as a key marketing analytics lead, you can bring data analytics discipline and best practice to marketing team members responsible for all parts of the customer journey - from paid media acquisition to website conversion and SEO to your own responsibilities in retention and upsell.
Republic communicates with our members through email using the Adobe Campaign platform, through our Shopify ecommerce and other support sites, with push notifications on our proprietary app, and we are exploring additional touchpoints. To start, this position would execute ongoing email deployments and help start up new initiatives in retention campaigns and analytics to target, measure and constantly improve retention initiatives.
Email is Republic’s largest touchpoint with our audience, so the need for continuous improvement is critical. Republic was just rated the #1 telecom in the world (out of the top 1,000) in terms of its email customer support. Are you up for the challenge of helping us continue to stay there?
- Lead, execute, measure and improve overall email strategy with a special focus on retention campaigns aimed at reducing member churn through email and other member touchpoints
- Utilize inputs from and help improve a churn propensity model used to target our members most likely to leave. Work closely with 3rd party and/or in-house analytics resources to measure, analyze and develop insights and actions from the campaigns aimed at these members. Execute and constantly improve the effectiveness of the targeting and communications of these campaigns.
- Schedule and execute email deployments in Adobe Campaign while applying best practices for email development, including mobile-optimization, consistency across various ISPs, and execution of quality assurance testing in order to ensure positive deliverability scores and a clean user experience across all screens. Edit and proof content for completeness, style, and accuracy.
- Using knowledge in HTML, develop all automated email series as well as ad-hoc emails including surveys, promotions, product launches, and other communications. Interface with graphic design, content, and development teams as needed.
- Assist in email QA, Spam testing, and UAT, and in partnership with Project Management, retrieve final approvals from main stakeholders to ensure strategic outcomes and operational accuracy are achieved in the final product.
- Reinvigorate our Referral program to better source additions from our loyal members, including short-term actions within current capabilities and mid-term assessment of 3rd party capabilities
- Explore opportunities in SMS communications within our opt-out/privacy guidelines
- Perform updates to data architecture within the marketing automation platform and create and update web forms to assist in the collection and management of customer data.
- Research industry trends and updates within the Email Marketing space to stay on top of new technologies and changes that affect email inboxing and inbox views across various ISPs.
- Perform campaign analysis of engagement rates, click paths on web properties, contact suppression rates, and ISP deliverability rates
- 3+ years of experience of using analytics and data science to impact key business decisions within retention marketing
- Experience executing customer retention campaigns, referral programs, and additional business from current members through email and other consumer touchpoints
- Proficiency in an enterprise marketing automation tool required (e.g. Adobe Campaign preferred), HTML, and SEO
- Track record of procuring, cleaning and structuring data, fitting statistical models, generating and communicating clear insights
- Working knowledge of Python, R, or other statistical programming language and comfort with relational databases and SQL as well as a solid understanding of common statistical methods (especially regression and probability)
- A storyteller, able to synthesize knowledge from a variety of sources and clearly present complex topics to non-technical audiences while utilizing the right technical approach and visualization skills
- Curious and self-motivated to consistently seek new testing and analysis opportunities relevant to business needs and you thrive when working autonomously
- BA/BS degree or comparable applicable experience
- Experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics native Email Service Provider (ESP) analytics, and other Google properties (Ads, Console, Tag Manager)
- Ingenious boundary pusher with passion for B2C communications, detail orientation, and the ability to approach challenges with logic, problem solving, independent thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact successfully with cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships in a fast paced environment