Parts Authority was formed in 1997 by the merger of four companies, that date back to 1973, that had common ownership and had the vision of creating a better vehicle for the wholesale distribution of automotive and truck parts. Parts Authority has become one of the country’s largest distributors of automotive and truck parts.
The company is headquartered in Long Island, New York and operates distribution centers in New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Maryland, Georgia, Arizona, California and Ohio. Parts Authority has been expanding rapidly and now has over 90 locations in eight states with future expansions in the horizon. As a privately owned company Parts Authority does not answer to Wall Street, Parts Authority answers only to customers!
We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family! So, if you love to drive and are passionate about providing stellar customer service, look no further! Join our team of Drivers and become a Parts Authority ambassador to our many customers!
The Returns Driver will collect return ordered items from customers while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. You should be willing to work as part of the returns team to ensure that the orders are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered back to the correct warehouse.
To succeed as Returns Driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our clients with an excellent experience. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly collected, committed to work safety, and passionate about satisfying clients.
- Collect, Load, transport, and deliver items to customers or businesses in a timely, friendly and courteous manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Take and follow directions from dispatcher, adhere to assigned routes, follow time schedules, use route navigation apps, alternative routes, when necessary and knowledge of area to deliver packages to customers on time.
- Assist with loading and unloading items from vehicles without interfering with operations at customer’s place of business.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and professionally handle complaints and concerns from customers.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Accept payments, prepare reports to include invoices, return forms, reconcile debt and credit and all moneys collected related to deliveries.
- When applicable, complete daily maintenance checks on company delivery vehicle and notify manager of any issues.
- Assist in any and all other store/ warehouse duties (stock, parts pulling etc.) as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Current, valid driver’s license
- A maximum of one or less major moving violations and/or at-fault incidents within a rolling 36-month period
- Must be able to meet company insurance requirements- (drivers must be 21 years old or over)
- Current valid automobile insurance with your name on the policy
- “NO”DUI or other drug-related driving violation and/ or any driving-related offenses in the last seven years (e.g. hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle) on your driving record
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull up to 50 pounds, prolonged sitting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage, track and account for money transactions and reconcile customer credit and debt balances
- Ability to utilize a tablet and/or mobile device for purposes of navigation/ route optimization, tracking and customer interface/ signature capture
- Exceptional customer and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively, professionally, with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take and follow directions and work well with others as part of team
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed preferred
- Previous delivery driving experience is a plus
*** You must meet all of the above minimum “Requirements and Qualifications” and “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” to be eligible to drive for Parts Authority****
Some of the benefits of being a part of our growing Parts Authority family:
- Weekly pay!!!!
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts- Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off- including vacation and sick time
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.