Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a dynamic leader to lead the accounting function for ads revenue. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and managing a team of accounting managers, in charge of developing and managing the accounting processes of ads revenue, and optimizing our month end close operations through programmatic automations. In this role you will partner closely with a large team of cross-functional business partners, engineers, and the broader finance team to develop scalable accounting and operation solutions for month end close activities. You set governance and strategy in managing the accounting solutions for the dynamically evolving ads product landscape. An independent and critical thinker, you love gleaning insights and learning from data and information, and embrace complexity and changes. You are experienced in moving fast while solving problems in a scalable way. You combine business acumen and technical accounting knowledge to provide sound advice to your business partners.
1. Build and coach a world-class controllership team that drives insights, design, and accounting processes that support Facebook’s ads revenue business
2. Manage an accurate and timely month-end close by driving automation solutions
3. Build deep relationships with key sales, product and engineering leadership, to ensure dynamic understanding of changing upstream ads logging and revenue systems and to develop, implement and maintain controls programmatically
4. Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP
5. Develop and maintain internal revenue recognition policies reflecting latest ads product offerings
6. 12+ years of relevant experience in accounting
7. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
8. Commitment to and track record of building successful teams, coaching and developing people
9. Experienced leveraging understanding of product areas to design accounting operational processes and controls to ensure accuracy and to mitigate risks
10. Experienced communicating with a scope of cross functional and internal audience with distilling complex concepts and analysis into concise actionable conclusions
11. Experienced with Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio for full-stack data analysis
12. Experienced in analyzing large and complex data sets and understanding complex data pipelines and advanced computer systems
14. “Big 4” public accounting experience at senior manager level or above
15. Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases or equivalent programming/scripting experience
16. Oracle ERP and Salesforce experience
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.