This position is responsible for oversight of the daily revenue and compliance audit process including supervision of supervisors and auditors. The Revenue Audit Manager ensures; all gaming and non-gaming audits are completed timely and accurately all instances of non-compliance with internal controls are documented and communicated to the appropriate management and regulatory personnel, and month end duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Manages all functions pertaining to revenue and cage accounting.
• Promotes positive public and employee relations through efficient, courteous, professional services.
• Reviews audit spreadsheets for accuracy and compliance with GAAP. Provide corrective feedback to audit staff and follow up to verify that corrective action has occurred.
• Provides training to audit staff on new and revised audit procedures. Communicates any changes or updates both in writing and verbally and follows up to verify changes have been understood and properly applied.
• Prepares journal entries to record revenues and changes in cage, table ATM and ticket redemption kiosk accountability.
• Prepares daily operating reports based on revenue reports from within the revenue and other accounting areas.
• Review and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports generated by Income Audit Staff. Following up on and correcting any errors or other discrepancies before distribution.
• Maintain audit spreadsheets; submitting proposed changes to the Controller for approval.
• Assist in answering auditing and revenue accounting procedural questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and gaming regulations.
• Evaluate and propose updates to revenue audit policies, procedures and reporting system to ensure efficiency and compliance with all necessary policies and controls.
• Assist in the design, implementation, interface and management of computer based systems for all revenue generating departments as directed by the Controller.
• Assist in auditing the effectiveness of casino controls and accuracy of financial records by means of thorough investigations of discrepancies. Reports results of investigations to management.
• Perform revenue and cage audits as-needed.
• Assists in preparation for both internal and external audits. Cooperates with internal and external audits to provide requested information and follow up.
• Evaluates all areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements.
• Monitors and reports on compliance with Title 31 Compliance Program, Federal Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering regulations and Federal Tax Rules and regulation under the direction of the Controller
• Preparation and Filing of SAR‘s
• Other duties as assigned
Directly Manages Income Auditors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and reviewing and approving employee time sheets.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or closely related field OR Bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience as a revenue auditor in a gaming environment can be used to meet education requirement.
• Minimum Five years’ experience in accounting, auditing and/or financial reporting required. Experience in a casino revenue audit capacity preferred.
• One year supervisory experience preferred
• Experience with slot accounting systems preferred.
• Casino and/or hospitality industry experience preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Class III Gaming License issued from the Washington State Gambling Commission
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively with other departments required.
• Knowledge of audit and accounting functions, flexibility in regards to work schedules, detail oriented with strong math and analytical capabilities required. Experience in a gaming and hospitality environment required.
• Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting principles and familiarity with GAAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear and use hands/ fingers to manipulate objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to tobacco fumes. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.