Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
In partnership with the Revenue Cycle Education Team, this position is responsible for the delivery of the content within Revenue Cycle Education Programs to new hires and current employees. Methods of delivery will vary. Methods include; instructor led courses, e-learning courses, web-based educational offerings and tip-sheets/workbooks.
- Deliver Revenue Cycle content to new hire and current employees using a variety of methods including instructor led classes, e-learning courses, web-based educational offerings, tip-sheets/workbooks. This will include applying appropriate education theory and adult learning principles to educational activities
- Create training tools, staff assessment materials and rubrics in partnership with Education Program Mangers and/or Department leaders, including, but not limited to: manuals, presentations, scripts, competency tests, tip sheets, and evaluations
Develop, organize and implement Revenue Cycle Education programs in partnership with other education team members
- Recognize training opportunities and actively participate in improvement plans; works with internal and external partners to successfully implement new enhancements and products
- Maintain a high level of content knowledge in revenue cycle and revenue cycle tools (example: insurance theory and electronic health record software)
- Make the proper logistical training arrangements such as room, equipment, and scheduling assignments
- Actively participate with user groups (local and national) that promote best practice in both healthcare and adult education fields
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Education / Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development and Learning, Healthcare Management, Business Management or related field
- Three (3) years healthcare office or related experience with a training focus
- Three (3) years classroom facilitation experience
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficient using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven strong customer service orientation
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to learn
- Excellent organization skills, ability to prioritize demands to complete multiple objects
- Previous relevant healthcare clinical and/or IT training experience
- Previous experience with Epic
- Exposure to online learning development
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.