Job ID: 146020
Oldcastle SurePods, a CRH Company, is the leading manufacturer of fully outfitted, modular building components in North America with over 15,000 bathroom pods and over 100,000 total modules manufactured and installed (security, telecom, educational, bathrooms, shelters). Oldcastle SurePods is part of CRH Americas, the largest building materials company in North America. We are a proud reflection of hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies, and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
The REVIT/CAD Operator is an imperative part of the design process. You will use REVIT and AutoCAD to prepare Construction/MEP systems from rough or general design drawings; insert details, complete material parts list schedules and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and complete
- Work under the direction of Lead Engineer and Project Managers to develop construction document packages
- Read architectural and MEP plans and Specifications
- Accurately model components from cut sheet to Revit families with information.
- Develop a detail material schedules in Revit for estimating and procurement teams
- Create custom shop drawing for components that need to be fabricated.
- Create a complete production drawings of each product type for the shop floor.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Check and make corrections to drawings and models from mark-ups
- Use third party plug-ins/software to converts files from Revit to CNC program files.
- Manipulate/translate various digital file formats in order to create useable CAD/Revit drawings
- Working with client FTP sites to download CAD drawings and Revit models together with project deliverable uploads
- Will work closely with Project Manager and Lead Engineering Manager to review and meet project goals
- Assist in Revit development of standards
- Assist in clash detection of Revit models
- Assist in create Visual Operating Procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Degree in architecture or construction related fields
- Experience in an M/E/P, Architectural
- Multidisciplinary building systems experience a plus (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing & Fire Protection)
- AutoCAD 2016 proficient
- Revit 2016 proficient
- AutoCAD Certified Professional certificate
- Revit Certified Professional certificate
- Microsoft office proficient
- Understanding of basic drawing setup modeling technique and general knowledge of drafting standards
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
- Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills and drawing aesthetics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Must have good follow through and self-implemented Quality Control measures
- Able to utilize MS Office, Adobe and Bluebeam package software would be useful
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle SurePods, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.