Job Title – RF Electrical Engineer – Manufacturing Product Support
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20181809-27418
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Looking for a rewarding challenge? The Product Support Engineering (PSE) team is looking for you. PSE is a diverse engineering organization that specializes in supporting the product lifecycle from introduction through the final build. We currently seek an Electrical Engineer with a strong background in RF and analog circuitry to support our radio products. We work side-by-side with the design and manufacturing teams to ensure we can deliver high-quality products that meet our customer’s needs. Here are some opportunities you can expect as part of our team:
- Provide technical leadership to a product line including power amplifier, RF, power supply, and analog assemblies
- Develop design changes to support product evolution at the circuit card, sub- assembly, and unit levels
- Design and execute experiments to support proof of concept, material and design changes
- Analyze existing designs for continuous improvements and cost reductions
- Assist manufacturing in the testing, analysis, and troubleshooting of products being developed and manufactured down to the circuit card and component levels
- Resolve component obsolescence and shortages by researching alternative parts, vendors, and design changes
- Provide mentoring and guidance to technicians and support staff
- Develop analysis and reporting tools for providing valuable support data to the design, manufacturing, and management communities
- Support the creation of engineering estimates and schedules
- Document product specifications and test requirements
- Build cross functional teams with engineering, supply chain and component vendors to resolve design and material discrepancies
- Learn and advance your skills as you work with other engineers and different disciplines
Our product support teams are dynamic and in demand. We are always looking to add people with fresh ideas or innovative approaches. So, come check out what PSE has to offer to advance your career goals.
- 6+ years of experience with BS in Electrical Engineering (or a related field) with RF/Analog design focus, or 4+ years of experience with MS (Masters)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Diverse troubleshooting skills including RF, analog and digital hardware
- Broad knowledge of test equipment including spectrum/network analyzers and signal generators from DC to 5Ghz and beyond
- Practical experience using design tools for the creation and modification of circuit cards (Mentor PADS, DX Designer, etc.)
- Working knowledge in circuit simulation (eg. Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, Keysight EMPro, Keysight Genesys)
- Automation experience with SW tools from National Instruments (LabView, Test Stand, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of radio communication systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Prior experience supporting an electronic circuit card manufacturer
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, October 4, 2019