Looking for motivated engineers with a background and/or interest in SDR (Software Defined Radio) and RF (Radio-Frequency) to join an established team in the Annapolis Junction area!
The primary focus is developing tools to enhance RF collection efforts. Now depending on your experience level, you can expect to be doing a wide range of mission focused engineering tasks that use software-defined radio tools and capabilities and software development tools and environments like Java, and the Java ecosystem tools to build next generation RF collection tools. Each project team leverages different operating systems including Linux, CentOS, RHEL, etc. Development is done in a DevOps environment and some tasks are focused on backend processing, while others are focused on user interfaces.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited institution. Will consider additional years experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of software development experience using one or more of the following:
- Must have experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Linux (CentOS/RHEL) – development environment as well as System Administration basics
- Scripting in Python and/or BASH
- Ansible / Automating software packaging and deployment
- CI/CD tools (such as Gitlab CI/CD or Bamboo)
- Elasticsearch (or other elastic suite components)
- Kafka integration and administration
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Wireless interface protocols (5G/LTE)
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- GUI/Web Development (HTML, CSS, Angular)
- Must have current/active TS/SCI with appropriate level polygraph
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.