Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
RF Technician II
This position will have RF research and development (R&D) support as its area of specialization.
What you'll do:
- Will be under the general direction of one or more design and manufacturing engineers but will have considerable autonomy in getting the job done.
- RF R&D includes primarily RF components (amplifier and switch testing, electronic circuit troubleshooting and repair), but may expand into other areas including antennas and antenna-related components that are in RF/microwave instruments.
- RF R&D Manufacturing support requires mechanical, as well as RF capabilities to build and test the RF components in question.
- Perform standard duties and tasks and will resolve routine questions and problems independently.
- Work will be performed under general direction on a day-to-day basis and will be reviewed upon completion.
- Develop thorough technical solutions to a wide range of problems and may direct less-experienced employees.
- Must be able to relate well with other people both from the engineering and production ranks both verbally and in written form.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to develop a wide range of R&D-support capabilities, so that he or she can get involved in either multiple programs or multiple aspects of the same program, is desirable.
- General knowledge of hand tools and Electrical/RF test equipment (spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, DVM, etc.).
- Machining capabilities, AutoCAD and a working knowledge of a network analyzer are desirable.
- Should have a general appreciation of RF theory and knowledge of S-parameters.
- Trained in soldering, bonding and sealing, machining, network analyzer operation, and antenna troubleshooting.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.