We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
RF Microwave Technician: III-IV
Cobham is seeking an RF Technician to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of microwave circuit alignment and testing in support of shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties include alignment, testing and troubleshooting of RF thin film circuits, circuit cards and subsystems, as well as collecting and reviewing test data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers on production products.
10% differential for 2nd shift.
- Work in a production environment to perform RF tuning, troubleshooting and testing on complex multi-function thin film microwave integrated circuits (MICs), Circuit Card Assemblies and/or subsystems and carefully review data for compliance.
- Carefully follow production documentation and processes, including keeping detailed records of testing and rework performed.
- Actively participate in daily production meetings and regularly interface with manufacturing engineers.
- Train and mentor less experience technicians.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of related experience, or AS Degree in electronics plus 2 years of related experience (as Tech II).
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
- Computer skills are required for this position including: file manipulation, file organization, accessing and launching various programs, and basic Microsoft Excel.
- General grasp of RF and DC theory and terms.
- Familiarity with microwave test equipment including: network/spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, power meters and DVMs
- Good manual dexterity and experience using microscope and small hand-tools, such as tweezers and probes
- Experience using a wire bonder is a plus.
- Good written and verbal skills and ability to carefully follow written instructions.
Benefits Information: www.cobhamrecruits.com (login: Recruit / password: benefits1)
Full-Time direct hire hourly role with benefits