Peraton is seeking an RF Engineer / Electrical Engineer in Reston, VA to support our world-wide Software Defined Radio (SDR) and wireless research programs. The successful candidate will Research new wireless technologies, evaluate components/modules/solutions to improve product performance and drive new product development.
What you'll do...
Primary role is the design and development of custom applications for Software Defined Radios (SDRs), requiring a familiarity with SDRs, digital signal processing, and comfortable using the Linux operating system. The candidate should be capable of working with Python and C, with an emphasis on multi-threaded applications and integration with third-party drivers and libraries. Other roles include evaluating new hardware, using high-performance computer systems, and building prototypes.
Responsibilities include rapid prototyping using GNURadio, high-throughput radio-data processing, system automation, technology assessments, RF path design and performance analysis, requirements specification, integration and test and evaluation of and recommendations for reliable field-deployable solutions in diverse operational environments.
You’d be a great fit if you…
- Have an M.S. in Electrical Engineering or RF Engineering and 2 years of Software Defined Radio experience or 6+ years additional experience in lieu of M.S. degree.
- Have experience using RF test equipment (i.e., Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, amplifiers, antennas, attenuators etc.
- Have strong RF design skills with understanding of system topology and air interface parameters
- Can design and build prototypes, components, and systems for testing; set up and run laboratory simulations
- Are able to evaluate hardware design options with a focus on optimizing performance while meeting our clients’ requirements
- Research new wireless technologies, evaluate components/modules to develop new integrated products, improve performance, and reduce footprint or cost
- Build and test hardware prototypes to demonstrate capabilities and feasibility
- Identify and keep abreast of novel and emerging technical concepts
- Are capable of passing a background investigation to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
It would be even better if you…
- Have GNURadio experience
- Have experience with C (pthreads, hardware-level APIs)
- Have experience with Digital Signal Processing
- Have experience with Python
- Have experience with Linux
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.