Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you at Dunkel Brothers, a division of MEI Rigging & Crating. We are a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Automotive, Social Media, and Aerospace companies to every industry in between. We are known for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their products & services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
• Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability
• Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
• Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
• Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
• Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
• Knowledgeable in alignment, leveling, and anchoring of machinery.
• Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
• Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
• Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
• Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, scissor lifts, tractor trailers, telehandlers, aerial boom lifts, etc.
• Understand and follow policies and procedures.
• Basic knowledge of operating equipment (Forklifts, man lifts, mobile platform lifts, etc.)
• Experienced knowledge of load securing and safe hauling practices
• Ability to use tape measure; hand, power and pneumatic tools.
• Minimum three years (3) years industrial experience or comparable experience within the construction service industry.
• HS diploma or GED equivalent
• Forklift Certification
• Rigging and Signal Person Certification
• CPR Certification
• Heavy haul experience
• RGN Trailers
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a highly functioning team environment and in all climates. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
THIS POSITION IS NOT OPEN TO AGENCY SOLICITATIONS