Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for a Rigger & CDL A Truck Driver. This position will be responsible for transporting various types of construction equipment and materials to and from jobsites and back to the shop location, supporting crane operators with crane movements and extensive rigging.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre and post trip truck inspections
- Transport rigging equipment as required
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Secure loads in or on trucks, knowledge of load limits (weights)
- Handle basic maintenance of the trucks including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean
- Advise shop if trucks need major repairs and maintenance
- Haul counterweights for cranes
- Set up and break down necessary rigging equipment
- Ability to accurately rig equipment/machinery and signal to crane operator
- Ensure that machinery, equipment, structures are set, aligned, and leveled
- Maintain control of all loads at all times
- Maneuver loads through difficult and confined spaces
- Signal directions and warning to fellow coworkers, as required/needed
- Communicate with all team members effectively
- Monitor and maintain all rigging equipment to ensure safety
- Report all safety concerns/issues immediately
- Work cooperatively with other to complete the job
- Required to wear personal protection equipment i.e. safety glasses, steel toe boots, hardhat, reflective vest, and when necessary fall protection equipment.
- Know and follow all company safety policies as well as OSHA, MIOSHA, MSHA, and ANSI regulations
"The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position."
- Must have a valid Class A CDL and at least two years of professional driving experience and good driving record for past 3-5 years
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- One to three years related experience in rigging/signaling and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Familiarity with necessary safety equipment and working knowledge of rigging equipment required
- Ability to perform repetitive manual labor including lifting, carrying, climbing, and walking. Repetitive lifting could be 50 or more pounds at any one time.
- Ability to work long hours, 5-6 days a week, in all environmental and demanding conditions.
- Good work ethic, punctuality and alertness.
- Ability to follow all company, NCCCO, DOT, MSHA, OSHA, and MiOSHA safety rules.
- Previous experience with heavy haul; transporting construction equipment and materials beneficial
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Write simple correspondences as needed
- Not afraid of heights or climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Previous experience operating fork truck while moving 5,00-80,000 lbs, preferred
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of equipment, machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
A competitive hourly rate and full benefits package is available.
- Company supported wellness program
- Medical/Dental Insurance coverage, no cost, if participating in the wellness program and wellness eligible.
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with employer match of contribution (50% on the first 10% of employee contribution)
- Company provided safety, skill development and leadership training opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance-company provided