Rigger, Central Maintenance (Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Rigger role reports directly to the Maintenance-Central Rigging Supervisor.
What you will do:
- Follow safety procedures in elevated areas such as Draglines, Chemical Plant and pipe racks by following safety guidelines and using proper fall protection techniques
- Complete Critical Lift, lift plan checklist by calculating weights of materials and components to be lifted, chart the crane according to factory specifications, forwards form to supervisor for filing
- Conduct crane setup, charting and configurations by programming the cranes Load Movement Indicator according to each cranes capacity for a specific lift
- Prep area for crane setup by coordinating with heavy equipment such as bulldozers and motor graders, and removing items such as stairwells, cross beams, and stationary equipment
- Assist maintenance in the installation of new and rebuilt components by rigging, lifting, and pinning components into to place
- Conduct inspections of rigging equipment before each use, for items such as chains, socks, chain falls, come-a-longs, and rigging accessories by visually inspecting each piece and noting any problems or concerns, completes annual form for major components
- Clean and maintain crane and hoisting mechanisms by greasing, oiling, and adjusting crane components to maintain safe operational condition
- Conduct Critical Lift Audits by completing the Critical Lift Audit form and verifying that each item is completed to maintain safe operational condition
- Set up braces and rigging hoisting equipment by using hand tools and power wrenches to secure equipment before and after installations
- Coordinate pre-lift job plan by using range finder, physical measurements, and load charts to determine the crane capacity required for a specific lift
- Approve contracted lift plans by conducting inspections and verifying certifications on all equipment such as cranes, rigging, and operators before work begins
- Assist in spill containment by using vacuum truck, front-end loader, and dump trucks to remove contaminated soil and relocate to containment areas
What you will bring:
- High school diploma is required
- Basic Rigging Certification is required
- NCCCO Certification (National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators) is considered an asset
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien; applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 4 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 5 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) must be uploaded with your resume during your application to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
- Possess a high-degree of integrity and ownership
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as set forth by Company
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbal & non-verbal) with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to work at heights, outdoors, and around potentially hazardous chemicals
- Ability to read, understand and comply with standards, policies and procedures
- Be a self-starter and work with little supervision; willing to work overtime, as required
- Possess troubleshooting and analytical ability
- Quick reaction time and creative thinking skills
- Attention-to-detail during the daily activities and to prevent or avoid production losses, as well as, loss of life or environmental upsets from the movement or installation of processing components
- Good depth perception to assess and perform daily duties as stated on the tasks list, with the ability to gage distances between equipment, operation speeds and site conditions while conducting moves
- A solid understanding of mathematics and processes
- Experience operating mobile equipment, to include: forklifts, man lifts, carry deck cranes, etc.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Must be comfortable and physically capable of entering and working in a confined space
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communications
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Office Suite
- Ability to recertify in the National Certification of Crane Operators by completing course for small hydraulics crane, large hydraulic crane, lattice boom truck, and lattice crawler crane every five years
- Commercial Drivers Licenses is preferred or ability to obtain one within the first 6 months of hire is required
- May be required to be clean shaven for safety reasons
- May be required to work at high elevations and in open spaces such as platforms and/or catwalks
- May be required to work 12-hour, rotating shifts
- Must be able to wear required, company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)--i.e., uniforms, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, emergency breathing apparatus
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran